Kirkland Signature Synthetic Oil

I'm left-handed.
Are your 2019 Toyota twins identical? Did you at least purchase two different colors?

Costco has been good for my family. They get our subscription renewals every year.

In all seriousness they are both what Toyota calls "super white". LOL. I'm not very adventurous. Same tires too...BFG All-terrain

I have a reason though...It's a single stage paint and quite tough. I do a fair amount of off-roading and it hides scratches remarkably well and rubs out nicely as you don't have to worry about getting through the clear. I generally don't buff them out often...once every five years or so. Or at least last vehicles...these are pretty new yet.

My previous taco, a super white 95 made it over the 500k mark on the original engine and trans!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Doublehaul
Cut too thick? That's not possible...are you a communist?

We could have avoided McCarthyism altogether with one question.

How thick do you like your steak?
YES.

Let him go. He's one of us.

Originally Posted by paoester
Costco just manages to equal Walmart's price on dexos1 oil. (supertech dexos1)
But you don't have to buy 2, and no membership fees.
Bentonville AR wins again.

No it doesn't. High quality gasoline, pet food, food food, shoes, clothes, chicken, clothes, and I can continue if you like can be bought at Costco.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by user52165

What do you mean by "more robust"?

I would probably use M1 EP 0W-20 for the Honda 1.5T applications since it is almost all PAO.

PAO is a terrible base oil when combined with gasoline. I would look for something with more diester such as Castrol Magatec.

Originally Posted by dave1251

No it doesn't. High quality gasoline, pet food, food food, shoes, clothes, chicken, clothes, and I can continue if you like can be bought at Costco.

Walmart has all these things

All stores carry the same major brands. As for store brands it shouldn't surprise anyone that these items may come out of the same factory wherever that is located.

Towels for example, whether you go to Wally's or Target, Macy's or Costco, they will be the same. Different labels are the only difference.

I like Walmart for some things and Costco for others.

Costco has numerous Kirkland items that are truly high quality. They definitely find quality items to rebrand. You don't see the same level of commitment for all things at Walmart or other chain stores.

Costco's service is usually better, and I appreciate that they do take better care of their employees.

I've used supertech full syn, and I wouldn't have any issues with Kirkland (in fact I might prefer it just to support the company).

I do like the Havoline smart change boxes from Walmart - so I'll likely stick with those for the time being.

Originally Posted by PimTac

All stores carry the same major brands. As for store brands it shouldn't surprise anyone that these items may come out of the same factory wherever that is located.

Towels for example, whether you go to Wally's or Target, Macy's or Costco, they will be the same. Different labels are the only difference.

Amazon Basics towels are awesome. We bought a 6 pack for our gym not expecting much but that are really soft and thick.

Except the gasoline. At least in the Tampa area. I used to drive fuel and Murphy was by far the worst. Now before you say it all comes from the same terminal in Tampa Murphy has their own.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by user52165

What do you mean by "more robust"?

I would probably use M1 EP 0W-20 for the Honda 1.5T applications since it is almost all PAO.

PAO is a terrible base oil when combined with gasoline. I would look for something with more diester such as Castrol Magatec.

How so?

Hummm . . . No question the price per quart is excellent. Before buying it, however -- and certainly before using it -- I think it would be a very good idea to at least know what's in it, yes? How does its chemistry compare with the majors? You know, the usual stuff that those who sign on to this board obsess about.

Well, it is licensed API SN PLUS as well as GM dexos 1 Gen 2. Are you saying someone here is able to read a PDS or VOA and substantively determine that another oil with those same licenses is better or worse than this one?

All about the certs for me...i cannot and would not assume one oil is superior to the other when they hold the same certs.

To me...Dexos is Dexos and MB 229.5 is MB 229.5. The differences are in marketing and subsequent perception which for many here...is reality

Originally Posted by Hounds
Hummm . . . No question the price per quart is excellent. Before buying it, however -- and certainly before using it -- I think it would be a very good idea to at least know what's in it, yes? How does its chemistry compare with the majors? You know, the usual stuff that those who sign on to this board obsess about.

It has the same dexos license numbers as supertech and amazon basics.

It's going to be perfectly serviceable oil. Warren makes good stuff.

Shoes and clothes are of the worst quality you can come by at WM, also food is just groceries, costco cafe is amazing food and cheap. Costco warranties all their electronics for an additional year whether you buy the extended warranty or not. Also, big families can do the executive membership which gives 2% back on everything which almost covered my entire membership fee last year. Most walmart products don't hold a candle to the quality of what costco sells, plus costco backs everything up, no questions asked.

Originally Posted by LotI

The member base at Costco is near the top of the evolutionary ladder. Worth the membership fee!

If I needed oil, I would consider it.

cheers3.gif

Back