How to add stop smoke oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna know how to add oil additive like the one in the picture, do i add to the oil container and mix it well or do i add directly to the engine

images (1).jpeg

Originally Posted by atikovi
An additive won't stop smoking nearly as much as actual oil made for that purpose. Something like this works great but is expensive: https://www.amazon.com/FHS-SmokeLes...hy=9007783&hvtargid=pla-570932884516

If the engine is smoking then oil is getting burned. If you want engine to stop smoking you need to figure out and fix the reason why oil is getting into combustion chamber and getting burned.

I know what is getting it burned a very bad spare parts and a very bad rebuild job done by the mechanic i am trying to squeeze the life of that engine for now till i get a new one so i am trying to keep the damage at minimum

My guess is the way STP was added by some back in the day. Get a pot of hot water fill it about half the distance to the top of the can. Put the can in it for a few minutes to get the stuff nice and not, then pour it into the engine while the engine is warmed up and running. Just wipe the can dry before adding it so no water gets into the engine.

With the enigine warm and running just pour it in, it will mix, You could leave it out in the sun to thin some, not needed.

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by atikovi
An additive won't stop smoking nearly as much as actual oil made for that purpose. Something like this works great but is expensive: https://www.amazon.com/FHS-SmokeLes...hy=9007783&hvtargid=pla-570932884516

If the engine is smoking then oil is getting burned. If you want engine to stop smoking you need to figure out and fix the reason why oil is getting into combustion chamber and getting burned.

Exactly, but that most likely calls for costly engine work. Regular oil smokes when it burns so if you can replace it with one that doesn't, problem solved. If you have a gas cooktop in your kitchen that runs off natural gas, you know it doesn't smoke when the gas burns. Similar idea for the smokeless oil. I believe it's made in part from natural gas (like Penzoil synthetic) so it won't smoke either.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
With the enigine warm and running just pour it in, it will mix, You could leave it out in the sun to thin some, not needed.

This👆is all you need to do Espada. No need to premix.

Remind me again, how much oil are you burning every 1500 km?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr

This👆is all you need to do Espada. No need to premix.

Remind me again, how much oil are you burning every 1500 km?

About 1 litre, i know no additive will fix it but i wanna keep the engine running and preventing the spark plugs from fouling as long as i can till i have enough money to replace the engine

The smokeless oil's primary purpose is to stop smoking so you can pass inspection, not get a ticket and to avoid being obnoxious. I'm not sure if it actually stops burning but assume it helps.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
My guess is the way STP was added by some back in the day. Get a pot of hot water fill it about half the distance to the top of the can. Put the can in it for a few minutes to get the stuff nice and not, then pour it into the engine while the engine is warmed up and running. Just wipe the can dry before adding it so no water gets into the engine.

Pretty much, except the "while engine running" part.

It must be dumped into a HOT engine, and then driven IMMEDIATELY after to mix it with the oil.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by demarpaint

Pretty much, except the "while engine running" part.

It must be dumped into a HOT engine, and then driven IMMEDIATELY after to mix it with the oil.

I don't like the "IMMEDIATELY" info there. THICK! Oil additives can block drain access in the cylinder head for a while. Oil may accumulate in the head before your additive gets to the pan.

How about: Pour it in a HOT engine and wait ten minutes to start the engine for a mix.

Last edited:
I've used STP many times. My MO is to put the additive on the valve cover while the oil is draining, R&Ring the oil filter. By the time the oil plug is back on, the additive is low enough viscosity that it can be poured into the engine at a good rate. Then, I refill the additive bottle several times with the motor oil to get all that Racer's Edge goodness.

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
I've used STP many times. My MO is to put the additive on the valve cover while the oil is draining, R&Ring the oil filter. By the time the oil plug is back on, the additive is low enough viscosity that it can be poured into the engine at a good rate. Then, I refill the additive bottle several times with the motor oil to get all that Racer's Edge goodness.

That's a plan i can follow since i always change the oil while the engine is hot

My dad used STP for many years … it went in last. He'd pour what he could and leave the can in the funnel.
Only thing he would warm up was the tip of the cigar he puffed on while that syrup eased into the motor. 🥞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back