Interstate Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by borgward
Does Interstate really manufacture their own batteries? Who are the Battery manufacturers in the USA?

No. Last I heard exide was making them for interstate.

If you read the Interstate website info it says several companies.

Interstate Battery System of America, Inc., a.k.a. Interstate Batteries, is a privately owned company that markets automotive batteries manufactured by Exide Technologies, Johnson Controls and others through independent distributors

Johnson Controls/Clarios makes most Interstate batteries but I do see one occasionally that's made by Exide. You can tell because they look different.

Does Interstate really manufacture their own batteries? Who are the Battery manufacturers in the USA?

I asked Costco tire center guy if Johnson Control makes Interstate batteries for Costco. His reply, Interstate makes it. My reply, since when, his reply its always been like this. I stopped after realizing his depth of knowledge.

But I would like to know too, who makes it, for Costco specifically, if anybody figured out.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn

I asked Costco tire center guy if Johnson Control makes Interstate batteries for Costco. His reply, Interstate makes it. My reply, since when, his reply its always been like this. I stopped after realizing his depth of knowledge.

But I would like to know too, who makes it, for Costco specifically, if anybody figured out.

Every Costco Interstate and even before then Costco Kirkland battery I've ever seen is obviously Johnson Controls/Clarios but not ALL Interstate branded (not Costco) batteries are JCI/Clarios... some are Exide.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Local alternator shop carries them and has for a long time. They are Clarios/JCI.

A lot of shops carry them because inventory is easy. The truck usually comes once a week to replenish their inventory, rotate out old stock, pick up cores, and handle any warranty issues. They do all of the deliveries of the Mazda batteries where Ford uses independent companies based on your region.

Originally Posted by dogememe

Every Costco Interstate and even before then Costco Kirkland battery I've ever seen is obviously Johnson Controls/Clarios but not ALL Interstate branded (not Costco) batteries are JCI/Clarios... some are Exide.

Interesting, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back