What's a 2007 Toyota Yaris with 418,000 miles worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edmunds says $1100 private party, $2300 dealer retail
45.gif

At 400k miles I'd value it at however much gas is left in the tank. There's no telling if it will take you much further than that!

I can't think of a more miserable way to pass 418k miles. My back hurts just thinking about it!

I don't know why everyone's beating up the OP, he starts some interesting threads.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I can't think of a more miserable way to pass 418k miles. My back hurts just thinking about it!

I don't know why everyone's beating up the OP, he starts some interesting threads.

Some people just feel the need to instantly and brutally put down anyone/anything interesting.

If the interior is in good condition it might be worth $1k-1500 around here. But if the interior is all ratted up then agree with the low amounts mentioned in the thread. And this coming from a Toyota owner. I think this was the first year of the Yaris replacing the Echo. I had one for a few months as a rental back in 2009. Once you get used it, it's not that bad. And prob better than the current Yaris from the looks of it. But kind of guessing on that a little bit. The "S" version is a little better adding wider tires and a firmer suspension. You can really whip around town in it and park it where ever.

32918573.jpg

Realistically, this car is worth the After twelve years and 400K, every part of this cheap little car is used up.
Buy this to ship to an LDC with a 300K or so reduction in indicated mileage along the way and it might then have some value.
Nobody is paying more than scrap value for this car with an honest resale in mind.

Originally Posted by atikovi
A blue 4 door sedan with clearcoat peeling on the roof. Wanted to buy it at the auction just to experience a 400K car for a while and pass it on. Thought $700 or $800 would buy it, $1,000 tops. But nooo, it goes all the way up to $2100. After fees and shipping costs to whatever banana republic it is going to, the buyer will have at least $3500 in it, although I assume the mileage will have dropped under 100K while on the boat.

Keep in mind that if it's a foreign buyer, VAT may have played a HUGE role in this, as a replacement drivetrain may well be available at a fraction of the cost in addition to this purchase price, as a much lower mileage vehicle.

Harry j on here has a 1993 Civic with 564k miles on it. Here are some recent pics of it.

IMG_0023[1].JPG

IMG_0021[1].JPG

IMG_0024[1].JPG

full-10596-38995-sunp0005.jpg

full-10596-38996-sunp0004.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back