Goof ole Pat Goss again? Intake secondary butterfly maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched Motorweek since the early years, still an entertaining show but I have some doubts about Mr. Goss of late.

He's now recommending that for cars equipped with a secondary intake butterfly system, either actuated by vacuum or mechanical linkage, that these tend to seize within their housing and will need to be taken apart and the shaft lubricated. Okay quite a few cars have dual path intakes for optimum low speed and high speed intake air flow, but never hear these need special service?

What is your opinion on this?

IMO Pat Goss these days is a run of the mill Internet commodity. He's ok for the average viewer. Has a great TV voice, so I guess that makes him more believable.

He's not annoying as Mr. "Revvvvvvv up your enginesssssss" Is.

"low rent" Goss Garage was the best "exclusively" on MotorWeek. But honestly he has always been "controlled opposition" by the advertisers. He is not an independent voice.

IMO,
seize within their housing and will need to be taken apart and the shaft lubricated.
Nah, we will just make it all one unit, not serviceable, for $900! + 3 hours labor!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KGMtech
I've watched Motorweek since the early years, still an entertaining show but I have some doubts about Mr. Goss of late.

He's now recommending that for cars equipped with a secondary intake butterfly system, either actuated by vacuum or mechanical linkage, that these tend to seize within their housing and will need to be taken apart and the shaft lubricated. Okay quite a few cars have dual path intakes for optimum low speed and high speed intake air flow, but never hear these need special service?

What is your opinion on this?

Seems like oil vapors sucked into the intake manifold would help keeps moving parts like butterfly valves lubed up, lol.

Pat Goss was hired because of his voice. To be in TV or radio back in the day, you had to have stand out vocals.

He's good entertainment. Apart from some of the basics, he has had a few weird suggestions over the years.

Originally Posted by JC1
IMO Pat Goss these days is a run of the mill Internet commodity. He's ok for the average viewer. Has a great TV voice, so I guess that makes him more believable.

He's not annoying as Mr. "Revvvvvvv up your enginesssssss" Is.

Oh man.. I can't read that without hearing that voice. Just today I clicked on one of his videos by accident and heard that intro before I realized my mistake.

He goes great together with all the Rockauto & Harley Davidson plugs he does on the show. Also, I dont think he needs any more plastic surgerys either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back