Nice gesture by dealership service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in to the Mazda dealer today to get the tires rotated. It was done in ten minutes and the advisor told me that there was no charge.

When we got inside the car we noticed they had vacuumed and cleaned the interior too.

With all the horror stories we get here I felt it was proper to post a good story for once. This made our day.

That's a nice touch a lot of people will appreciate.

My first job was at a Jiffy Lube in an affluent area back around 2004. A quick interior vacuum and exterior window cleaning was part of the basic oil change, which was about $35. Customers loved it, and there weren't even many abusers of the extra service. I remember some dirty Subaru Outbacks, but nothing crazy.

Super nice indeed. About the only thing the dealer chain I've been buying cars from does for you is leave the dirty paper floor mats in place.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Stopped in to the Mazda dealer today to get the tires rotated. It was done in ten minutes and the advisor told me that there was no charge.

When we got inside the car we noticed they had vacuumed and cleaned the interior too.

With all the horror stories we get here I felt it was proper to post a good story for once. This made our day.

Nice of the dealer to do so.

Let me ask you this, next time you go in for Service and you don't get this freebee, how will you feel?

Years ago when I used to take my Accord to the local Honda dealer for service, one time I paid for over $1000 worth of service. They washed the car for me no charge. Years later I went back to same dealer have a bill close to $2000 and didn't get any car wash. They were late getting the car back to me, I wasn't really ticked at that. However they acted like they were doing me a favor for a $2000 service bill.

Needless to say, I do 95% of the maintenance on the vehicle's myself these days. Rant over lol.

Yes, I hope you tipped the guys that washed the car, trust me, they need the money.

Originally Posted by JC1

Nice of the dealer to do so.

Let me ask you this, next time you go in for Service and you don't get this freebee, how will you feel?

Years ago when I used to take my Accord to the local Honda dealer for service, one time I paid for over $1000 worth of service. They washed the car for me no charge. Years later I went back to same dealer have a bill close to $2000 and didn't get any car wash. They were late getting the car back to me, I wasn't really ticked at that. However they acted like they were doing me a favor for a $2000 service bill.

Needless to say, I do 95% of the maintenance on the vehicle's myself these days. Rant over lol.

I never expect these things. That way I'm not disappointed.

I do my own oil changes and this is the first time the vehicle has been to the service dept. Maybe it was a first time gratuity but in any case it's well appreciated.

It is good to hear a happy story about dealerships.. I worked at a few a very very long time ago. They usually always get bad press. One reason for not washing cars anymore is it causes more hassle than good. I don't know how many times a customer would come in with a car that hasn't been washed in months, we wash it and now we scratched it... They couldn't see the paint the day before but now they are certain that scratch wasn't there.... Its just easier to leave the dirt..

Originally Posted by Redright9
It is good to hear a happy story about dealerships.. I worked at a few a very very long time ago. They usually always get bad press. One reason for not washing cars anymore is it causes more hassle than good. I don't know how many times a customer would come in with a car that hasn't been washed in months, we wash it and now we scratched it... They couldn't see the paint the day before but now they are certain that scratch wasn't there.... Its just easier to leave the dirt..

I hear you. However you would think they would ask you "Would you like a complementary car wash today"? I guess all the money is spent on Software to scan engine codes and not as much is spend on the software that writes up the service orders.

I would say no these days since I'm Bitog obsessed with Grit Guards and the two bucket method.

Last edited:
Last time for similar service, they washed the Hyundai's exterior. My wife hates going to car washes, finding it difficult to aim the front tires to the center of the moving tracks inside the car wash.
So that nice shiny, clean vehicle made her day right there, as she awaited the vehicle from the customers lounge..

Last edited:
I should add that they did offer me a car wash coupon but since I prefer to wash my own I declined the offer. I'd rather not have the car run through a swirl-a-matic operation.

Sounds like my Lexus dealer, Putnam Lexus in Redwood City.
Except I think I just paid in advance....

You know, when I worked at the Mobil Station when I was 18 we washed the windows inside and out and vacuumed with an oil change.
Except on a real busy day; we just cranked out the services and moved on to the next car.
And pumped ethel at the same time.
I remember charging $2 for the service, on top of the parts.
My boss told me the labor was free but he was happy I did it anyway.
I got $2.10 an hour and flat out loved that job.

I should add that they did offer me a car wash coupon but since I prefer to wash my own I declined the offer. I'd rather not have the car run through a swirl-a-matic operation.

yeah . i always thought the dealer hand wash the cars as putting in a car wash cost a lot of money. to my surprise the last 2 dealers i went to, one hyundai and one honda both had mechanical car washes

Back in my dealership days, I'd drive a customer's car through the car wash - wasn't required by Honda corporate but it's just a quick 5 minute run through the booth.

Some cute woman who didn't buy a car from us asked me to run her Acura TSX through the wash. It was dead on a hot June day, she and her partner appreciated the gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back