Thrive engine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the Hyundai dealer ship sent us. I have never heard of it but I'd assume it's okay because it is dexos approved. I also find it funny that it says guarantee for 10 years or 300,000 miles. Just thought I would pass along an oil brand that I have never seen before

4A856275-B74A-4039-A803-27CB33B6E15E.jpeg

Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I also find it funny that it says guarantee for 10 years or 300,000 miles.

Money back guarantee if the engine fails before 300,000 miles on that same you put in originally?

My local shop offers Thrive for their lower priced "house" basic lube option. They offer Mobil 1 as the name-brand, high-test option.

When I asked why Thrive, his reason was that it was a more affordable bulk/house option for customers who want a short change interval OR who don't overthink the process and where Mobil 1 is overkill. The overall quality of thrive is about the same as many other brands and is otherwise unremarkable.

I don't know where Thrive would end up on Project Farm's oil championship. But it probably would have fallen away early.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I also find it funny that it says guarantee for 10 years or 300,000 miles.

Money back guarantee if the engine fails before 300,000 miles on that same you put in originally?

That's it/what the website says.

Some of the numbers aren't bad..10.8cSt, VI of 172 and just over 10% noack for the 5w30 and the 10w30 has a 6.2% noack and -40 PP.

Link to PDS'...

http://www.uslube.com/engineoils.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back