What's a 2007 Toyota Yaris with 418,000 miles worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A blue 4 door sedan with clearcoat peeling on the roof. Wanted to buy it at the auction just to experience a 400K car for a while and pass it on. Thought $700 or $800 would buy it, $1,000 tops. But nooo, it goes all the way up to $2100. After fees and shipping costs to whatever banana republic it is going to, the buyer will have at least $3500 in it, although I assume the mileage will have dropped under 100K while on the boat.

It seems like any running Toyota/Honda will sell for $2K around here, regardless of mileage or condition.

Even the high mileage cars (150-250K) Toyota's will regularly fetch 3-6k around here, even in poor shape.

Originally Posted by Imp4
There's at least 8 different ways to figure this out that are readily available.

I bet your googling abilities would serve you well without anyone telling you anything.

Well, I guess if I had worded the title, "You will never believe what someone paid for a 418,000 mile Yaris," I wouldn't have gotten your most helpful reply.

Originally Posted by atikovi
There's at least 8 different ways to figure this out that are readily available.
I bet your googling abilities would serve you well without anyone telling you anything.

Well, I guess if I had worded the title, "You will never believe what someone paid for a 418,000 mile Yaris," I wouldn't have gotten your most helpful reply.

Sometimes the good lord helps those that help themselves.
This is a really easy question to answer and I think this is one of those occasions.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Whatever someone would pay for it. $2100 sounds ridiculous.

Agreed. I wouldn't pay more than $800 for it.

I recycled my 2003 Echo with the 1NZ-FE for $110; it had 417K on it; they came for it

The car pretty much was free of rattles, everything except the CD player and AC worked.

Was running a 25:1 ratio not by choice when I called it quits.

Last edited:

Nice. Maybe lighten up just a bit, and next time just don't post ...

Cheers.

Yeah, some people just never learn

Depends on the rest of the car.

The exporter might roll back the odometer to sell it as 100k.
The buyer might use it to swap a totaled yaris power train into it.
The buyer might actually sell it for $4k because another country charges a lot for cars and $4k is still a bargain.
The buyer might part it out and it is actually worth that much.
The buyer might not even care about the miles as long as it can move on its own at 40mpg.

The 3rd world is efficient in making use of what we consider scrap, and they have very low labor cost. We'll total a car when the engine wears out but they will sleeve it and rebuild it for another 160k miles. This car is probably worth about 1k in the US minimum, but likely go for 1500 because of the 40mpg.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yep.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yep.

Wow. What is with you guys today ... ?

Does anyone here know what a rhetorical question is ??? For the bunch of you who clearly don't, THIS is what it is ...

One for which the questioner does not expect a direct answer; in many cases it may be intended to start a discourse, or as a means of putting across the speaker's opinion on a topic.

If you don't want to add to the conversation, DON'T. Simple.

Last edited:
I would pay $200 max. No idea what that car would need.

I often wonder if the people bidding on these cars are insiders that are just trying to drive up prices for the people that are not regular auction customers.

Obviously will be a taxi in some third-world hole.
Pay for itself in the first 100 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back