Magnesium (Mg) 2

Physical

Water (W) N
Fuel (F) N
Antifreeze (A) N
Total Acid Number (Tan) 0.7

Total Base Number (Tbn) 1
Viscosity At 100 C (V100) 14.7

I usually recommend an SAE 20-40 weight ND oil and a bottle of #132 to most of my farming friends with older tractors.

See also:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003050

[ September 02, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

Originally posted by rugerman1:
Is there any friction modifiers or anti-wear agents in non-detergent oil?Dads old Farmall requires a non-detergent oil. I ran high detergent 30 weight in it for a few years,then went back to non-detergent oil when I learned it was the specified lube.
It only sees action in the spring time now,about 5 hours of run time. Change the oil every year.
Super A picture(not mine)
Mark

We run Rotella-T 15w-40 in our Farmall (Summer use only).

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
If the tractor Manufacturer specifies a Non-Detergent oil, Rotella would not be the oil to use.

I see where your coming from Mola, but we've used it for years in ours with no problems. That's all I can say.

If it works, that's great, but most older tractors have the rope-pack seals that don't work well with detergents.

Oh man, that brings back memories. My grandfather had one just like it (minus the shiny new paintjob) that ran like a sewing machine. He had all the implements that went with it, including the seeders and cultivators. I actually learned to drive on that old tractor. It and his MF130 were supposed to go to my brother and I after his death, but one day about six months after he died, my grandmother sold both of them. I think she sold the Farmall for $1500 with all the implements
mad.gif

I used to work on forklifts with flathead engines . They had rope seals detergent oil is ok but if the engine has never had detergent oil then that could be a problem. Rope seals like to leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back