TPMS slow to react

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed my mounted snow tires on my 2007 Volvo V70 2.4 (base) 15 days ago.
They do not have TPMS sensors.
The TPMS warning just came on my car for the first time today.

SEPARATE QUESTION:
Does anybody know how to detect which of the two frequencies a particular car's TPMS is?
When I buy new snow tires I want to include TPMS sensors.

I bought a set on Amazon for my 2008 Suburban. There were no decisions to be made about frequency, just year, make and model for mine. The shop installed them and set them up.

Fast forward to this November. I removed the summers (which also had TPMS sensors from Amazon.). The summers were then sitting in the garage but the truck still sensed them).

I then drove to a gas station that I knew had a pressure hose that could fill to 50 psi. At this point the low tire pressure light was on and there were no pressure readings available. I invoked the GM re-set procedure which on my Burb which is:

Key in the ignition, turned to on position.
Press both the lock and unlock buttons on the FOB and hold them down.
The Burb honked twice.
Go to the driver's side front tire. Remove cap and start bleeding the tire down. After bleeding for 30 seconds the horn honked.
Do the front passenger tire. Horn honked after about 30 seconds of bleeding.
Repeat for passenger side rear then drivers side rear.
After the driver's side rear, the horn honked twice indicating I was done. I then aired up all four tires.

Keep in mind you want to do this outside the of the TPMS sensor's range on other set of tires. Once done the vehicle does not recognize the other set of tires. Repeat again in the spring.

Check your owners manual and search the net for your procedure.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back