250K review on the 2007 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fusion just turned over 250K and I want to report this may be the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Repairs have been at a minimum.

One front quick strut.

One front lower control arm.

One set of brake pads all around.

One VC gasket.

One set of Spark plugs.

One passenger side axle due to torn boot.

One emission sensor.

One interior window switch.

I believe that covers it. After 13 years and 250K still no rattles. The engine and trans perform as well as when first bought in 2009. Oil changes have been every 10K with trans ATF changed every 30-40K. I turkey baster the PS pump and the master brake cyl fluid at every engine oil change. I also rotate the tire at every oil change as well. To date no rattles.

Sounds like a great car. I'm hoping for similar with my Sonata, but not sure I'll take it that far before I get bored. So far at 106k miles it's just had a CV boot tear.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Thanks for the post. Which engine is it?

2.3 Duratech.

I don't think I've seen you mention it in any of your posts but what was your oil change interval and what oil did you use?

lol.gif

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
I don't think I've seen you mention it in any of your posts but what was your oil change interval and what oil did you use?

lol.gif

tig1(OP) profile shows, M1 5W20(HM) @10K miles...I had to look again myself.
smile.gif

CB

Last edited:
I drive it's distant cousin Mazda6

I have done some repairs but nothing major; I was involved in the read car accident but I fixed it on my own;

Currently at 234k and it is one hack of the vehicle; it still looks good and drives even better; a real keeper in my book

Originally Posted by tig1
The Fusion just turned over 250K and I want to report this may be the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Repairs have been at a minimum.

One front quick strut.

One front lower control arm.

One set of brake pads all around.

One VC gasket.

One set of Spark plugs.

One passenger side axle due to torn boot.

One emission sensor.

One interior window switch.

I believe that covers it. After 13 years and 250K still no rattles. The engine and trans perform as well as when first bought in 2009. Oil changes have been every 10K with trans ATF changed every 30-40K. I turkey baster the PS pump and the master brake cyl fluid at every engine oil change. I also rotate the tire at every oil change as well. To date no rattles.

What axle did you use for replacement? This sure sounds like a very good car but it does help that you seem to take good care of it.

Wow, no brake or fuel lines? No evap system repairs? Usually if you live in the rust belt, these things give you some trouble.

Sounds like a remarkable run on that vehicle!

And another thing...no water pump replacement or coolant leaks? Radiator is fine? Usually it's hard for cars to go that long without coolant dripping out of something (although Ford I think is pretty good in that department - minus their V6's in the Edge/Explorer, that leak coolant behind the timing cover, right into the crankcase. Bad place for a water pump to be.

But I do think Fords are very underrated vehicles in the reliability department.

i bought my 08 fusion new...and while im only up to almost 90k, its been a great car. mine also has a the 2.3, but is a 5 speed.
the aluminum head/block makes it suffer a bit in the winter traction department..i run steelies and winter tires to help with that. i installed bilstein b6 shocks and struts and those actually helped the traction a great deal.

I bought a 2012 Fusion this year.. had 45K miles with a complete service history Oil changes every 5K at the Ford Dealer with MC 5w20. By the book..

I have put 10K on it since January.

The Ford Dealer that i bought it from put fresh Uniroyal Tiger Paw touring on it.. right before i bought it..so im going to live with them for awhile... they are kind of loudish.

Im averaging about 28MPG in a mostly city mix. I took it on a couple of long trips and averaged 34mpg on the highway runs.

Mine has the 2.5 duratec.

I would much rather drive this than an econobox and i will take the 3 or so MPG hit for the comfort and roominess.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Nice! I hope the 2.5 Duratec in my Escape goes that far.

They certainly can. Note the mileage on my 2010 Fusion (also with the 2.5) when I sold it. 7.5k OCIs.

Originally Posted by SirTanon

They certainly can. Note the mileage on my 2010 Fusion (also with the 2.5) when I sold it. 7.5k OCIs.

Wow 274k is amazing.

Originally Posted by Railrust
Wow, no brake or fuel lines? No evap system repairs? Usually if you live in the rust belt, these things give you some trouble.

Sounds like a remarkable run on that vehicle!

And another thing...no water pump replacement or coolant leaks? Radiator is fine? Usually it's hard for cars to go that long without coolant dripping out of something (although Ford I think is pretty good in that department - minus their V6's in the Edge/Explorer, that leak coolant behind the timing cover, right into the crankcase. Bad place for a water pump to be.

But I do think Fords are very underrated vehicles in the reliability department.

I did forget the Water pump. I changed that myself several years ago.

There are 4 of the Duratech engines in my family. My grandson has a 2012 Fusion 2.5 with 140K and my son has a 2008 Ranger 2.3 Duratech with 180K. Both vehicles still perform very well. All have M1 in the sump with 10K OCIs. They see my example and follow it.
smile.gif

We sold our 10' Escape to my brother @ 200k and it didn't leak or use oil at all. He has 209k and climbing on it. The 2.5L Duratech is one of the best engines made IMO.

I have no doubt one will run 300-400k with proper maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back