YouTuber's Long Term Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fellow that's doing long term car wax and ceramic sealer tests has published his latest 5 month review. My personal favorite traditional car waxes (Collinite) are still hanging in there but showing slight signs of weakening. Not bad for a 5 month test especially since they are competing with SiO2 Ceramic sealants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9SJEMUCVTM

In another video, he got 1 year 10 months out of Nufinish. And 10 months out of Turtle Wax Ice, which I presume is now Seal & Shine.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
In another video, he got 1 year 10 months out of Nufinish. And 10 months out of Turtle Wax Ice, which I presume is now Seal & Shine.

Yes, I happened to see that video. As I recall (and I could be wrong) he thinks the NuFinish issue was due to either a bad bottle of product or possibly not shaken adequately prior to application. He was leaning toward a bad bottle of product because he claims to be very meticulous about applying the patches. I don't recall the Turtle Wax results and don't know if the Ice product is now Seal/Shine.

I've only heard of/seen maybe like, 4 of the products he listed/tested in this video. His test is similar to CR's test of the everyday consumer type wax/silicon products where they(CR) taped off sections of a painted surface and IIRC, CR placed the panel on the roof of one of their buildings for many months and gave the treated surfaces the equivalent of 52 car washes(as if we were to take our vehicle through the local car wash once a week). However, I don't remember when CR tested last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back