Biking and sore feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by totegoat
AZjeff said:
totegoat said:
Think about an e-bike and go painless.

Get an e-bike when you're too old to pedal. OP just started biking again at 72! Awesome!

I see a couple of people in the neighborhood with e-bikes, they barely pedal as they go by. What's the point? Not exercise obviously

Its a thought when Im older,,lol

Soles that are too flexible can cause pain, but so can rigid ones that aren't shaped properly for one's particular feet. i've had both, and also soles that were partly rigid, but flexible in the wrong place.

I've had trouble with the somewhat mysterious "hot foot" pain syndrome on longish rides most of my cycling life. I don't think it's literally an overheating issue, although it does loosely correlate with ambient temperature.

Courierdriver, one other thing, are you mashing the pedals putting a lot of pressure on your feet at low RPMs or are you using the gears to keep your legs spinning nicely and keeping the perceived effort low?

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Courierdriver, one other thing, are you mashing the pedals putting a lot of pressure on your feet at low RPMs or are you using the gears to keep your legs spinning nicely and keeping the perceived effort low?

I use the gears for easier peddling. Since last week have put inserts in my shoes and no more sore feet, what a blessing that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back