Filter magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, here's the magnet that was on the hydraulic filter's baseplate on my Kubota L2501. This is the first 50 hour service.

C2D4BAF9-4974-4E80-84D0-751B07733315.jpeg

870AA0FA-0D20-4B3B-82C4-125D992FDC19.jpeg

Originally Posted by Onetor
I like it! You are creative and think outside the box (inside filter) sir..

Not my doing, but thanks for the compliment.

It's the factory filter.

Your unit came with a magnet in the filter from the factory?

Also, isn't it catching particles before they reach the filter media?

I can see the usefulness of the magnet by showing the mechanic if something is wrong with the engine.

Yes it came with the magnet from the factory as did the replacement Kubota filter. It's just sitting there in the baseplate. I took the old magnet off to keep around.

I prefer that it catches the particles before the filter. If it wasn't there and the particles were caught in the filter media, some of the them could be pushed out of the filter in the event of a bypass condition. This completely eliminates that risk.

Just curious.... what if someone to put strong magnet on the outside at the bottom of the filter. SO it catches metal particulates and keeps it in the filter. So when you change the filter you keep your strong magnet and reuse it on the next filter.

Absolutely fantastic filter, amazing, I am impressed.
I use Gold Plugs for the drain plug but it would be way cool to have it right on the filter.

Once again, I rest my case for using a magnet, and of all places in BITOG where everyone is examining oil filters and oil types yet the simplest most basic magnet of all, on an oil plug or on the oil filter will out filter iron and magnetic particles down to ZERO microns, way better then any filter media, not only that, but many magnets are simply wiped clean and used again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back