Small soap dispenser for pumice soap

I realize this is probably a strange post, but I will ask the question anyway.

So, I am quite a fan of Permatex Fast Orange. I use it for its intended purpose, but I also use it in my kitchen when I need to deep clean my hands after handling certain foods. I use the Fast Orange, rinse that off, then use a regular antibacterial kitchen soap handsoap after that.

I have a 1/2 gallon Fast Orange bottle in my kitchen (for kitchen use only) right beside the sink and it does what I need for it to do just well. I just press on the dispenser, get my soap and go on about my way. However, I would like to be able to transfer this soap to a smaller container to save on counter space. I bought a "regular" soap dispenser to test it out and of course, it didn't work. I was aiming for something stylish to go along with my setup, but at this point, I am just curious as to whether or not a smaller container that will dispense this type of soap even exists.

Any ideas on what I can try so I can go down to a regular sized soap dispenser? I was wondering if there was a smaller bottle with the same thread size as the dispenser on the 1/2 gallon bottle

Once again, I realize weird question, but I am curious as to if anyone has given this any thought.

Not familiar with this kind of soap, but does it already have a pump dispenser on it? I'm wondering: if it does, can you remove one, remove the tube that goes down into the bottle. Rinse it off and take it to Wallyworld, and see if it screws onto any bottles there. If it does, voila! buy one. Reinstall the tubing and cut to size.

Also: Walmart (and other places) have a dispenser that can be screwed into a standard quart bottle of oil. Used for pumping oil up into diffs and the like. Maybe one of those would work, seeing how they are designed for thick fluids.

Personally, I'd get a kick out of a bottle of diff lube next to the sink, holding soap for really dirty hands. Not sure if my wife would go for it though... she wouldn't mind if I had my own sink in the garage, then it'd be a perfect fit.

Originally Posted by qdeezie
after handling certain foods.

I just use nitrile gloves when doing food prep that involves handling meat.

Originally Posted by Fawteen

Good idea not contaminating the meat.

This product has some sort of grit in it, get for wife and reuse the bottles with your stuff?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Fawteen

Good idea not contaminating the meat.

This product has some sort of grit in it, get for wife and reuse the bottles with your stuff?

[Linked Image]

This seems like a good idea to try. I will see what I can find. Thank you!!!

I use a couple of those little hand soap pumps for dish soap and one for the orange hand cleaner in it but it's not the one with pumice and they work great, keep em right on the sink.

many years ago my dad bought a Boraxo powered hand soap dispenser. i stopped using it cause i couldnt find the soap. but lately i found it on the net.

Originally Posted by red7404
many years ago my dad bought a Boraxo powered hand soap dispenser. i stopped using it cause i couldnt find the soap. but lately i found it on the net.

That Boraxo is the best stuff for cleaning hands.

Dawn in an empty soft soap pump bottle at my outdoor kitchen sink …
Put a bar of Kirk‘s (circa 1839) in the utility room … lathers but lasts …

The OP is referring to the Fast Orange bar soap which is really good stuff I just set it on the sink. I also have the pump in that and Cherry Bomb but they always stop up so the bar soap is my go to. Also the Scott Blue and Zep Orange and many others too. Zote also works good for hands and so does Fels-Naptha.

Back