undercarriage foam gun attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all:
So I've been addressing undercarriage road salt/deicing product removal by inserting my garden hose and gun nozzle set to a fan spray (and locked ON) and inserting it under the car from the front, rear and sides. I'm pretty thorough about it but I got to thinking about the fact that with the deicing products they use here in Colorado, it leaves almost a film on the paint that when I prespray the car with water, most of it is still there requiring, of course, the subsequent mechanical removal with my microfiber towels, Meguairs shampoo, etc. Therefore, I got to thinking how much of that junk is getting removed from my undercarriage with water alone? I know folks here like the foam attachments for washing their cars but every unit I saw on Amazon does not have any sort of attachment wand with a bend to insert under the car and spray upwards. I really think a presoak with car shampoo or other loaded in the foam reservoir would be a good thing. I am aware that pressure washers can be had with such wand attachments but didn't really need a pressure washer for other purposes (and have to deal with yet another item to store in by over-packed garage) so thought I would ask first about a simple foam gun unit that would work for undercarriage washes.

Thanks for any input!

I would suggest using a self car wash that has the undercarriage wand. More effective and all that run off gets treated instead of on your driveway and into storm drains.

Thanks CharlieBauer,

I believe the self car wash places around here don't have a wand with an angle but I'll have to do a recon mission to verify.

Originally Posted by NissanMaxima
Thanks CharlieBauer,

I believe the self car wash places around here don't have a wand with an angle but I'll have to do a recon mission to verify.

It's usually something on wheels for rolling under. At the place near me, only 1 bay has it.

Alternatively, touchless car washes often have undercarriage jets. It's been a long time but I think they work as you drive in so I went in very very slowly.

An alternative. All 3 of my vehicles are treated with a rust preventative treatment and they strongly suggest no undercarriage high pressure wash as it will cause the treatment to not last as long as it otherwise might.

You live in MA. I know they dump lots of salt and salt brine on the roads as I go on the Mass Pike to work, when I actually go into Springfield.

There are several brands, Krown, Fluid Film, Wool Wax, CarWell, NH Coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back