2020 Chevy Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JTK
Personal opinions aside, this is what sells today. This will sell like crazy.

Yep. Its sad people are wanting such weak little CVT buzz boxes. Most of them won't hold up long term and maybe that is the point. 5-10 years MFGs will be mostly electric for small vehicles like this.

I didn't think much of the original Trailblazers I drove. I have no interest in this new version. That said If GM can sell this to people that want them, more power to them.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I didn't think much of the original Trailblazers I drove. I have no interest in this new version. That said If GM can sell this to people that want them, more power to them.

That is the other annoying thing of the car business today, they take a former name and slap it on something TOTALLY different and sell it again. Blazer, Trailblazer, Defender, Mustang Mach-e, on and on. They can't even come up with some trinket name like Compass for this?

Yuck.

Sure do miss my grandparents 2002 Trailblazer LTZ I referenced further back in this post. It had plenty of room, and that Inline 6 was just right for power. Now if it had a 6 speed auto...
thumbsup2.gif

I don't get the point of offering both of those engines.... could anyone really tell a difference?

Bet they'd get some takers if they offered some "off road" package (little bit of lift, skid plates, tow hooks, different bumpers/trim, better 4WD system) like a Trailhawk.

I was born in 1976. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I loved Broncos and Blazers. Classic Ford vs Chevy battles hahaha.

As far as off-roading goes, These new SUV/Trucks etc. are quite expensive. I wouldn't want to do any serious off-roading in them. That's why I bought an ancient Frontier for $31k.

The better choice for most bad weather is a good AWD system.

The fact that it has the front end of a camaro, Kia Soul fog lights, with a little rav4 and jeep compass thrown in might not be all bad. There’s been so many style disasters lately, this one sort of blends in with a rather functional face for today. Engines should be fuel efficient. It’s a tall mini wagon which looks unassuming. It’s a GM CRV. Yeah they’ve reused an old name, which bothers us old guys. But if my daughter decided to buy one, I would understand, especially if it was quieter than the Honda and a touch more rigid than a rav4 (Ive read no complaints but the one used model I test drove seemed to have a bunch of torsional flexing and it bothered me). A different name and half of bitog would probably give it a 4 star review.

Seems all this vehicle has going for it is looks. It is one of the most attractive fake SUVs on the market but that’s about it. Built in Korea, comes with a worthless engine, doesn’t seem to have any real capability. Currently leadership at GM is a joke.

Seems all this vehicle has going for it is looks. It is one of the most attractive fake SUVs on the market but that’s about it. Built in Korea, comes with a worthless engine, doesn’t seem to have any real capability. Currently leadership at GM is a joke.

It's a more compelling offering than HR-V, Kona or C-HR. Keep in mind these are all subcompacts turned into mini CUVs.

Funny because I've been pondering an 06 Trailblazer SS.
Yes. What a difference a decade makes! Still don't see why GM didn't put at least a 1.5 liter turbo considering curb weight and awd.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I wouldn't own it, but it's a far better driver than this piece of junk:

[Linked Image]

I'm sorry, I have to strongly disagree - those Blazers were a very solid, capable vehicles.

YES, they had their issues, but every vehicle from that period did, and YES, they were a rougher driver than many vehicles, but they were a true body-on-frame truck based SUV. The 4.3 V-6 was a strong, powerful engine.
My 97 S10 was going strong when I sold it with 298k on it. My uncle put another 45 or 50k on it that I knew of and sold it. I saw it for another few years so it probably made it well over 350. I did put a transmission in it and all of the normal stuff. Brakes , bearings , bushings , ball joints , and a coil and distributor. I got the truck with 130k on it so it’s hard to tell how it was treated before that.

Back