Pets on planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Was in California for work this past week and flew back yesterday. First leg of the flight, somebody thought it was a brilliant idea to bring what appeared to be a Yorkie on the plane, one which didn't have very good control over its barking. So we were serenaded by very obnoxious Yorkie yipping for several extended periods which led to exasperated calls to "shut that thing up" from various parts of the passenger area. Not pleasant.

I generally don't have an issue with pets if they are well behaved, but this was clearly not the case here.

On a positive note, the snow on the mountains was quite striking, though unfortunately I didn't have any time to look around like I did when I was at Stanford.

[Linked Image]

More abuse by people and their so-called "support" animals.... A lady had her dog with her in Kohls the other day. I really liked the harness she had that said "Do not pet" as if that makes it more official as a working dog. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt actually in that this dog was extremely well-behaved. It was laying down (not in a sleeping position but a ready-to-go laying position), quiet, and focused just like a proper service dog will be. When these so-called support dogs are yipping constantly, behaving poorly, and so on, it's a dead giveaway that their owner just wants special treatment and feels the need to take them everywhere. I see them in Lowes, Home Depot, etc stores and more all the time.

We have two dogs so if you think I'm anti-dog, just shut it.

Too many people want dogs that they have no idea how to train. I think that's the rationale behind smaller dogs: they can be overpowered when they get out of control.

I've been working in the beaches recently and every other house has a dog. Take note of the number of dogs you see wearing leash harnesses: the owner can't even be bothered to train the dog not to hurt itself when on a leash.

Something to consider, people with support animals are handling them and then handling items in the stores.

Why assume this dog was a support animal? Probably just a pet dog on a plane. I see them all the time when I travel. Usually, the owner slips them a little Benadryl to sedate them for the flight. Crying babies, yapping dogs, people not using headphones, loud snoring... the joys of flying.

Airplane trip ... another name for "torture tube"
lol.gif

The theivin' b____ airlines charge a lot to carry on a small pet that still counts as your carry on. United -$125 one way. Cost as much as my typical fare. I know why they charge it though.

Because they can!

01.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
More abuse by people and their so-called "support" animals.... A lady had her dog with her in Kohls the other day. I really liked the harness she had that said "Do not pet" as if that makes it more official as a working dog. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt actually in that this dog was extremely well-behaved. It was laying down (not in a sleeping position but a ready-to-go laying position), quiet, and focused just like a proper service dog will be. When these so-called support dogs are yipping constantly, behaving poorly, and so on, it's a dead giveaway that their owner just wants special treatment and feels the need to take them everywhere. I see them in Lowes, Home Depot, etc stores and more all the time.

We have two dogs so if you think I'm anti-dog, just shut it.

I agree with you, but just one thing: Home Depot and Lowes do allow pets in their stores. This isn't a problem because there is no food around in those stores.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Why assume this dog was a support animal? Probably just a pet dog on a plane.

That's what "support animals" are, pets being disguised as real service animals.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Why assume this dog was a support animal? Probably just a pet dog on a plane. I see them all the time when I travel. Usually, the owner slips them a little Benadryl to sedate them for the flight. Crying babies, yapping dogs, people not using headphones, loud snoring... the joys of flying.

You forgot the sick person in row 10 hacking up a lung, infected with God knows what...oh no, please don't wear a mask to keep from infecting the rest of us.
mad.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
You forgot the sick person in row 10 hacking up a lung, infected with God knows what...oh no, please don't wear a mask to keep from infecting the rest of us.
mad.gif

Oh yes, that's another one!

I will add, there were a couple of crying babies, but they were almost silent when compared to the yipping coming from this bloody dog.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
I agree with you, but just one thing: Home Depot and Lowes do allow pets in their stores. This isn't a problem because there is no food around in those stores.

Actually my Home Depot had a sign right on their front door NOT allowing pets in the store....

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Sweet. Needs one more patch that says GO AHEAD PET ME.

Person - "Ahhh, what a sweet looking animal..can I pet him?"

You - "Sure..he loves to be pet"..*snickers devilishly*...‚

... and that was the last anyone saw of "Bob's" hand!...‚

I wonder if someone other than the dog lover had a high frequency dog wissel (sp) and used it. I do believe it is up to the Stewardesses to keep order on the plane and if a muzzle is needed then use it. Ed

Originally Posted by Shannow
Having done some hourney work recently...I'm getting one of these...

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

lol.gif

All these comments reminds me of why I just drove from IN to AZ and back for Thanksgiving ...
- I control my departure and arrival times
- I don't have to sit next to sick people
- I don't have to be around obnoxious kids
- I don't have to be exposed to other's "support" pets (I exclude true certified "service animals" in this comment; so put your objection back into your keyboard)
- I control my route; I can plan around weather delays, etc
- I don't have to relieve myself in a tiny box-like room while bouncing about
- I don't have to wait to be "connected"; sitting idle on some filthy bench while the same environment that was on the plane follows me into my waiting area
- etc

I'd rather spend two long days in the car, than get on a plane for 4 hours.

No problems with dogs in a carrier, but I have a huge problem with people who have their dog certified as an "emotional support dog" and do not place their dogs in a carrier. This is a big problem because these dogs are protected under the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back