Give me some gift ideas...what are you asking for/getting for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I dont really do gifting for each other, we make sure the kids get what they want. My mother in law, on the other hand, cant stand me telling her "I dont need anything". Im just a regular auto/tool/outdoors/golf guy that buys most things I need for myself. What is on you guys wish list?

Last edited:
Im the same way. Small little something I get it, and appreciate the thought, but please nothing large. I usually ask my parents who cant help themselves to donate to a local animal shelter.

Always a logoed shirt to get. I use my favorite college or pro football team. hunting or fishing shirts with the sunblock. Shades, gloves,

I pick the actual item and send them links for them to choose.

The older i get the less i want. However ive asked for chefs gloves as I've nicked my fingers preparing food. How about dinner. My sister has everything. I just get her a giftcard to her favorite restaurant every year.

Flashlights
Pocket knife
Gift card for Lowe's/Home depot/restaurant/doughnuts/coffee
Drill bits
Car wash soap/cloths/detailing products
Outdoor type extension cords
Bluetooth speaker for garage
Wireless phone charger
Work pants e.g. Carhart or Duluth..
Water hose and/or sprayer
Headlight type trouble light.....

The prices on these run the gamut. She can spend a little or a lot....

Originally Posted by N Heat
My wife and I dont really do gifting for each other, we make sure the kids get what they want. My mother in law, on the other hand, cant stand me telling her "I dont need anything". Im just a regular auto/tool/outdoors/golf guy that buys most things I need for myself. What is on you guys wish list?

I hear you, but what are you passionate about?

I enjoy old school DE Razor wet shaving. I asked for a new Razor and some other supplies, Soaps, Blades brushes etc.

Maybe you need some tool consumables, Drill bits, Sawzall blades, driver bits etc? With the number of online stores now, it's easy to give people Ideas.

My sister in law and brother and aunt back home are getting free oil changes on me. Brother, mom and stepdad, real dad and few "good co workers" getting gift cards

I dont want or need much so being with my nephews, real father, mom and stepdad and sister in law is great
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 97prizm
The older i get the less i want. However ive asked for chefs gloves as I've nicked my fingers preparing food. How about dinner. My sister has everything. I just get her a giftcard to her favorite restaurant every year.

Oh yeah, not too late, Cheesecake Factory has two free slices of cheesecake with every $25 purchase, Expires tomorrow.

https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/gift-cards

Nothing for me and the wife, we spend on our two daughters, we have been blessed.
smile.gif

Well my wife's birthday is on xmas day so I usually get her a $100 gift card to her favorite clothing store at the mall. We stopped getting each other xmas gifts a long time ago, instead we put it towards what ever is needed like auto repairs, medical bills or keep adding to the savings account, nice to not have to borrow money for the bigger things like when we were younger and poor.

Last edited:
Well, I guess this is why BITOG is a forum. An open exchange of ideas and opinions. When it comes to the Holidays we all have different approaches. It's refreshing to know that the one size fits all that is stuffed down our throats by the main stream media doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone is beating down the doors at Walmart.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Well, I guess this is why BITOG is a forum. An open exchange of ideas and opinions. When it comes to the Holidays we all have different approaches. It's refreshing to know that the one size fits all that is stuffed down our throats by the main stream media doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone is beating down the doors at Walmart.

What??

Simply meant that less is more when it comes to Christmas. And it's gratifying to read about forum members that feel that way.

Thankfully I've been blessed with a wife that doesn't do jewelry or anything 'fashionable', she wanted a Fitbit Charge 3 and a weighted blanket. Me, I wanted a neck pillow of all things since I've been waking up with neck pain lately. The kid has turned 16 and is discovering that gas money doesn't grow on trees, so she'll get some cash instead of 'things'.(She had a rude awakening the other day when she asked to go out with friends and then said she needed some money. No was the answer, she has a job that she's not been working at much . She was told she needed to prioritize, if she wanted money to hang out with friends, she needed to earn it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back