2013 CR-V Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2013 CR-V 2.4 with 72k on the clock. According to the service records it has had regular oil changes from the dealer. When i change the oil I will be taking a sample. It calls for 0w-20 what seems to be the recommended oil for the 2.4 these days. Thanks

Originally Posted by rmcnamara
I have a 15 Soul 2.0 GDI with approximately 105000 miles. I have notice a pretty high oil consumption of about 2.5 qts in about 2k miles. I have been using super tech 5w-20 full synthetic. I did some research and spme people said to replace the PCV valve. we will see if that makes any difference. Can anyone point me to an oil with a low volatility. Preferably not in the ultra high end category like amsoil etc.
Thanks

The above is from another thread. Did you trade in the Soul? Supertech synthetic will be a good oil for the CRV. I think it's around $14 and change per jug on rollback at WM right now.

You can stick with 0W-20 or switch to 5W-20 or 5W-30. It's your choice. Are you going to stick to Super Tech or something else? What Filters do you normally use?

I wasnt set on the supertech. curious as to what seemed to be the consensus a s a good oil for it. I was going to use wix xp. Would there be something better to use? not sure if the 2.4 is picky about filters like the hyundai kia engines.

I like M1 for cleanliness. Give it a shot with a decent filter.
I have M1, Quaker State, Valvoline and ST in the garage.

Any SN 0w20 or 5w20 will be fine for your CRV
smile.gif

The OEM Honda A02 oil filter is a Fram PH7317, but you can always upgrade to a more premium filter if you wish. Napa has the Platinum on sale for $5.99, if your store still has any on hand. Part #47356. It is equivalent to a Fram Ultra for the price of a TG.

Since you have the MM, my choice would be the cheapest synthetic on sale and a Fram PH7317, but in this case the Platinum is on sale, so use that filter instead. You can follow the OCI suggested by the MM with no problem.

Have used a variety of oils in both my wives and sons 2014 CRV with the 2.4 that include Pennzoil, Quaker State, but mostly Kendall. All of them 0w-20. Both run fine with the 0w-20 in the cold winters as well as the hot summers. THEY do prefer the Honda filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back