Storm prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim sounds good! Where I live plan B is several times a year plan A. 17 kw GE propane powered unit with auto transfer. We were getting hit hard today but it stayed on. If I would have had software for the generator to monitor quality it most likely would have dropped the power company feed and forced a start and transfer.

It's so cold here that I had to finally turn on the pool heaters and use the solar cover so we can spend time in the pool on Sunday. Anything below 80 or so in the pool feels a bit chilly.

Temperature.JPG

Originally Posted by Fawteen
It's so cold here that I had to finally turn on the pool heaters and use the solar cover so we can spend time in the pool on Sunday. Anything below 80 or so in the pool feels a bit chilly.

...‚...‚...‚.. you suck!

It's moderate to heavy rain here now, looks to be headed northeast on radar. Here's wishing the best to the NE. By that I mean, if you're going to get anything, it's snow and not freezing rain, ice. Ime, can handle the snow, ice something else altogether.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
What in the world is a sand ordinance?

My town, and many like mine, have self-serve piles of sand at the DPW/ dump for residents to take home with them, so they can sand icy walks and make the town a better place for mailmen etc.

My town just has an unenforced sign reading it's for non-commercial use only. Back the truck up if you want.

Others are more thrifty, limiting to 2x 5-gallon pails.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by dlundblad
What in the world is a sand ordinance?

My town, and many like mine, have self-serve piles of sand at the DPW/ dump for residents to take home with them, so they can sand icy walks and make the town a better place for mailmen etc.

My town just has an unenforced sign reading it's for non-commercial use only. Back the truck up if you want.

Others are more thrifty, limiting to 2x 5-gallon pails.

Yeah I got chsaed out away from of the town garaged salted sand pile. I was told to use the outdoor frozen sand pile.

Ha!

I shouted back, " I'm paying 6 grand on taxes a year for a dump log cabin on a hill" I'm taking the good stuff!

I guess they just don't want people getting run over by the sander tracks - or they want to be King of their little domain.

I'm 6'2" 250lbs with a big shovel in my hand they didn't bother me up close.

I just do what I want these days, there is so much bull going on everywhere doesn't matter to me anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald
The single most important thing for me to do is to make sure garage is cleaned up enough so wife's car can go in. Happy wife, happy life.

Smart man!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
The single most important thing for me to do is to make sure garage is cleaned up enough so wife's car can go in. Happy wife, happy life.

Smart man!ðŸ‘

Doesn't matter what I do anymore, the wife is not happy for more than 5 mins.
frown.gif

Plus we are too old to be "happy"
smile.gif

Back when I lived in the midwest, I kept the garage clean enough to put both cars in the garage. Reason...I contracted a local company for snow removal. Anytime it snowed 2 inches or more, they sent 2 young guys to my house between 5 and 6am to plow my drive and shovel my walk and steps. They were done and gone by the time my wife left for work at 7am. I'd roll in about 9:30am after a long night at the mill, roll into the garage and go upstairs for breakfast and bed. Some of the best money I ever spent.

My Sunday and her VW Tiguan is in face out.

Got the oil changed in the ATV; there's probably a leak but it's parked outside now. Tarp is too small so it's going to be a wet ride tomorrow; I really wish I had shed now...

Wife was looking out the window this evening, on the side yard where I parked all the outdoor stuff, and insinuated that it looked like a junkyard (one enclosed trailer, one junky HF trailer, two snowblowers, lawn tractor). So I spent 15 minutes pushing the tractor, then lined up the blowers behind the ATV.

So what do I do, despite having two snowblowers and an ATV with a plow, along with stitches in one arm and possible tendinitis in the other shoulder? I shoveled snow, of course. Only 2 inches or so, so far, but they're predicting a possible foot, so I didn't want to get too far behind. School already canceled for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Waited till Sunday morning... but I took the deck off the tractor, scraped the dried grass, and put on the snowblower... only to realize that the rear lift linkage is now interfering a bit. Anyway, got nothing more than 1" of wet stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back