Homemade Popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by EdwardC
That sounds delicious! I've been trying to be a little healthier, so I use just a couple table spoons of coconut oil in the whirley pop, but I might have to give your method a try. The whirley pop is nice, but it's a definite unitasker, and kind of annoying to clean.

I use the plain / simple vegetable oil my wife buys , to pop corn with . I read coconut oil is very high cholesterol , although it makes the popcorn taste great . It is what theaters use .

I swear, just a few years ago, coconut oil was suppose to be a "good" saturated fat. I just googled and found reports of both ways. It's funny how these health foods come and go. I think I'll have to make some popcorn tonight!

Just like red meat upon till 2 months ago was bad
Now all of a sudden due to another internet article it's not bad for ya anymore. I live by moderation even if it's not the most healthy thing in the world because I don't eat bad stuff 3 times a day
So I say enjoy what ya want and live life !!!!ðŸ‘

Thank you!
My corn bag was sitting all alone in the pantry...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by pandus13
Thank you!
My corn bag was sitting all alone in the pantry...
[Linked Image]

Man that looks good !!!ðŸ‘
You use my recipe ???

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150

Man that looks good !!!ðŸ‘
You use my recipe ???

Kitchenaid stainless pan, 1/4 of butter, salt + some mild paprika, 5 spoons of corn kernels (2 batches).
stop when no pop sound.

I need to pool out my aldi cast iron pan at some point

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Don't take it personal kstanf150. You've gotta have a thick skin to post on this forum. Enjoy your popcorn. Next time cut open a filter.

Oh lord how I know that to be true
With friends like some of these guys around here
You need no enemy's ...³...³ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ‘

Oh, no no no no and no.

Never cut an oil filter. Use it for 2 oil change intervals if you want to have a lot of friends here.

I did for 3 .
27.gif

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Don't take it personal kstanf150. You've gotta have a thick skin to post on this forum. Enjoy your popcorn. Next time cut open a filter.

Oh lord how I know that to be true
With friends like some of these guys around here
You need no enemy's ...³...³ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¥´ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ‘

Oh, no no no no and no.

Never cut an oil filter. Use it for 2 oil change intervals if you want to have a lot of friends here.

I did for 3 .
27.gif

Take a ST $2.00 filter and log 50K miles and you'll win a special price !!...³...³ðŸ¤”🤔🥴🤣🤣

Cool nite in GA, so I just made another pot of pop corn
Good stuff !!ðŸ‘

Good stuff !!ðŸ‘

+ Hot apple cider?

P.S. cool nite = I just found the biggest heat loser in the house: the fireplace opening

My combo for making popcorn at home is an electric stirring popper with coconut oil intended for popcorn.

I then top with butter flavored salt. Amish country is one of my favorites.

I buy a large 2qt (could be a gallon?) sized jar of coconut oil that spreads similar to butter. One container lasts a few years. I keep it stored in my temperature controlled basement.

Everyone raves about my popcorn and there's nothing to it.

Good stuff !!ðŸ‘

+ Hot apple cider?

P.S. cool nite = I just found the biggest heat loser in the house: the fireplace opening

Not a fan of apple cider, my wife loves it

Don't mean to bring this back up but my grandma made the best popcorn ever. She worked at Georgie Porgie in Council Bluff so we had all the popcorn we could eat. Her secret, bacon grease.

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Don't mean to bring this back up but my grandma made the best popcorn ever. She worked at Georgie Porgie in Council Bluff so we had all the popcorn we could eat. Her secret, bacon grease.

Bacon makes everything better !!!🤣🥴🤣

I have two Whirlypops....one real one and a knockoff from Christmas Tree Shops....$12 or less. A little canola oil and 3-4 kernels of Trader Joe's Popping corn and when they pop I add a 1/2 cup of popcorn to 2-3 tablespoons of oil and slowly crank the handle. Makes a perfect, huge batch every time.

wabash-valley-farms-whirley-pop-barn-red-popcorn-p-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Toros
I have two Whirlypops....one real one and a knockoff from Christmas Tree Shops....$12 or less. A little canola oil and 3-4 kernels of Trader Joe's Popping corn and when they pop I add a 1/2 cup of popcorn to 2-3 tablespoons of oil and slowly crank the handle. Makes a perfect, huge batch every time.

How is the popping corn from Trader Joe's?

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by Toros

How is the popping corn from Trader Joe's?

It's good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back