What are you doing right now ?

Drinking coffee and reading bitog. I have to go by the bank and do a few other errands. Probably going to try a fried chicken recipe this evening. Been waiting/planning all week. Also have some laundry to do. Tomorrow? Who knows?

Just got back from daughter's house. They are away for the weekend so I go over and feed the cats, clean litter boxes, feed the grand kids fish and the hamster. Water the plants in hanging planters. Rest of the day I stay in out of the heat.

Originally Posted by Silk
Saturday night, home alone....I'm gunna watch a movie.

I've been to 2 funerals this week....a Bro in Law who was found several days after he died, and my best mate from the '70's and there after. Talking to my neighbour today, he's got cancer and 3 months left. So feeling a bit mortal.

Feel for you. Live long enough and you'll have these tough times.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Laundry, going to shower, run to Walmart to get some sunscreen and am taking my wife to the Ohio State Fair today.

Get the Neutrogena SPF 100+. That's what I use,good stuff!

Surfing CL as I've got an itch for a fat bike. Killing time before I meet up with someone at 2pm to move some stuff. Actively avoiding packing as I'm not sure where to stack the boxes anymore. Waiting impatiently for the bank to tell me when we can close.

Sitting here with the wife in the hospitality area next to our Pit here at Sears Point ahem Sonoma Raceway, talking to some friends.

Enjoying a Murphys Irish Stout and contemplating cutting and posting a Federated syn media KIA/HYUNDAI filter
wink.gif

Mowing the lawn with my 2-stroke push mower. I've added some castor oil from the chemist to the fuel so it smells like the speedway when I mow.

A trick Shannow taught me, Thanks Mate !!!

Not so keen on castor oil now. I used to put some in my premix, but have had the scooter back on the oil pump for a couple of years....and put a dash in the tank at some stage. A few weeks ago it wasn't running too well, not taking full throttle, and you need that on a 50. So strip and clean the carb....and what was blocked ? The oil feed in the carb, and I found gelled castor oil in the tank. Cut the oil pump belt and now on premix again, the piston looked good, so took it out and cleaned it up. But it's still not taking WOT, today I took the reed valves out, all good, checked the manifold rubber for cracks and leaks. So, rich, lean, air leak, air restriction ? Restricted 2 strokes are a real mine field to play with, you can't just clear one restriction because that won't work with another still in place. I really want to cut out the cat....but would that cause more problems ? I still does 70kph on half throttle, what am I moaning about ? Sunday afternoon playing with a scooter.

Dang !! You're talking me out of it.
I was hoping the fuel would keep it in solution.

Originally Posted by SR5
Mowing the lawn with my 2-stroke push mower. I've added some castor oil from the chemist to the fuel so it smells like the speedway when I mow.

A trick Shannow taught me, Thanks Mate !!!

No probs...I loved doing that.

edit...I doubt it's an issue with pre-mix...oil tanks not the best to mix with mineral.

Last edited:
When I first got the scoot, the oil tank was full of water, I cleaned the whole system out and rebuilt the pump to get it working again. I wonder if water can somehow get into the oil tank, this would cause an upset with the castor for sure.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Sitting here with the wife in the hospitality area next to our Pit here at Sears Point ahem Sonoma Raceway, talking to some friends.

In 1989 I spent a glorious day lapping Sears Point in a Dinan modified E30 M3.

We're only using the drag strip, and a small section of the roadcourse to get back to the Pits. I believe the Elimination Rounds today are being televised on regular FOX channels, starting at 2:00 pm PST, 3:00 pm MST, 4:00 pm CST, and 5:00 pm EST.

Right now? I'm on hold.. music is good. Snacking on some Jack Link's 100% Beef Original Beef Stick. Multitasking.

Phone is ringing, gtg

Listening to the rain, and looking at mud puddles forming. This is excellent and very special.

Large parts of Australia have been in drought for months and burning in bush fires for weeks. Houses and lives have been lost. There are lots of outback towns with no water left, and the cities on the coast are having water drives, to deliver water to the dry country towns.

We need this rain.

Yeah, we thought you might've had a few fires, with the smoke over here and all. Hope there is enough rain to help. Just come back from putting a mates ride on back together after I patched his deck and put a new spindle in. Stinking hot, and almost took the bike...and had rain just before town.

We need a lot of rain and water, over multiple states and multiple days.

I'm not up to date, but we have had about 2 million hectares burnt, and yes that smoke over NZ is from Aust.

And it's the first day of summer today ... so it's going to get even hotter.

Last edited:
Just eating dinner...will pack up, washup,and respond to an email that I've been mulling over for a few days...then call my Mum...

Back