Credit Card Scam Walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got scammed for the 2nd time in two years from a hacker shopping Walmart.com.

I've never purchased anything from Walmart.com

Crooks are smart

Contact Walmart and let them know. You are most likely not the only one
cry.gif

That doesn't mean some one stole your info from Walmart. That means they stole your info than purchased something from Walmart.

Scammers get a lot of info from card skimmers at gas station pumps since they don't get checked often.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
That doesn't mean some one stole your info from Walmart. That means they stole your info than purchased something from Walmart.

Scammers get a lot of info from card skimmers at gas station pumps since they don't get checked often.

This was a new credit card
Never used

Apparently it's easy to use a credit card on Walmart.com
Without verifying info

I live in Georgia
Hacker was an online buyer In Oregon

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
The card issuer should be very interested in the fact it was never used.

Right! If it's never been used, how was it hacked?

I think there are more inside jobs from former employees or distant friends of employees. We had an issue some time back and the bank agent told us, its interesting that all the customers hit were this bank and used the same cell phone service provider.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Online hackers are looking at everything we do
Every account is now looked at by thousands of criminal minds

Originally Posted by kstanf150

But you've never used it online, right? So how can they get your card# and CVC if you've never used it?

I'm not saying that nothing happened but something just doesn't add up. Have you called VISA/MC???

Last edited:

But you've never used it online, right? So how can they get your card# and CVC if you've never used it?

I'm not saying that nothing happened but something just doesn't add up. Have you called VISA/MC???

If your naive enough to think criminals all over the world aren't looking
Your sadly mistaken

I've heard of some smaller or oddball banks issuing credit cards and the new owner finding out it already has charges to it before they even get the card.

It has to be an inside job at the bank for that to happen.

These are the folks that chase credit card signup bonuses at small banks and credit unions. Some banks are notorious.

Last edited:
It isn't in the issuers interest to have a card hacked. They will have to refund you that money. They will also be interested in knowing why they are refunding money to you for a third party theft on a never used card.

If your naive enough to think criminals all over the world aren't looking
Your sadly mistaken

I've had my actual identity stolen by some guy in Texas working under my SSN, so spare me the lecture.... and you still haven't even proffered an hypothesis on how they got your card# if in fact you've never typed it into a website or used it at a gas pump for that matter. What are you suggesting, somebody used telepathic powers to peer into your billfold to get your card #?

Originally Posted by sloinker
It isn't in the issuers interest to have a card hacked. They will have to refund you that money. They will also be interested in knowing why they are refunding money to you for a third party theft on a never used card.

Exactly!

If ya ask me, I'd be asking a family member if they used the card..if in fact this is a never been used before card to the OP's knowledge.

Last edited:
I know a few banks with issues like this....

Would be curious to see what bank the card came from....

This is an odd one. If the card was never used and card information never listed as payment source elsewhere, then as noted it would have to be the card issuer that was hacked. The info breached at the source some how, the issuer. Not that all hacking isn't, but that is serious.

Obviously the card issuer needs to be called, and in this case asked for an explanation of how it could have occurred. Given the information provided, I'd likely cancel the card completely and separate any ties with them. Find a new CC issuer. Credit rating might take a small hit with the cancel, but worth it imo.

Synchrony bank is another one. 2 years ago they issued a credit card to someone using my name with a phony address. The "new" me was very generous and purchased 10 $100 gift cards for family and friends while the overdue notices went to the phony address. That was fun straightening out.

Just had to get a new Discover card. The day after a local Walmart purchase using the chip reader, I got two $300 charges back to back. Discover rep said the two bogus charges were manually keyed in. Makes one wonder if someone in the main office with access to account numbers is up to no good. Discover was a great help and I even had a new card Fedex'd by the following day.

It is completely Free to Freeze your credit report file with all major players. Equifax, Experian,TransUnion,Innovis
When you want to apply for something, you can UnFreeze in 30 seconds or less for a period of 24 hours and then your file will automatically re-lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back