SUBARU WRX STRUTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2015 WRX is nearing 100K. I normally call this mileage window the time to change struts. From what I see online the options are OEM or Bilstein? The latter are considerably more expensive.

So are Bilstein struts worth the money or is OE the way to go. Im looking at the B6 series as they would use stock springs.

Last edited:
Bilstein seems to be the only aftermarket struts of any brand I could find anywhere!

I can't find quick struts anywhere for your WRX, so you will have to deal with spring compressors
cry.gif

If you drive the WRX like a regular car, 100k on Bilstein is nothing, and you might be able to do another 100k on them, by which time there will be more struts available.

I found these OEM take-offs for $450 for the set of four. Probably the best deal
smile.gif

KYB seems to be the OE supplier, but they don't sell any aftermarket struts for your car
mad.gif

Bilstein is OE quality or better, the only options I see are the higher performance B6 or B8. I used the B8 on the M5 and B6 on the M3, B6 seems to be much more comfortable, the B8s brought the M5 up about an inch for a few hundred miles until they settled. There was a huge huge difference between stock and B8 shaft size. OE was about the size of the FatBoy sharpies, the B8 was closer to a thin banana. If youre changing them now, youll probably never have to again. Also, they have lifetime warranty if you can disassemble and mail in for repair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back