Anyone uses the Havoline Smart Change 6qt Box??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go through A LOT of those boxes and I've noticed that the bag inside the box never has the full 6 quarts.
I use a separate marked bottle that can take up to 7 quarts so I know exactly how much I'm filling on the car and even though they advertise it as 6qt, all I get every time is around 5.3 to 5.7 quarts.
I dunno about you guys but that .3 to .7 quarts is a lot when you add it up.
Anyone else having the same issues? I honestly expected more from chevron...

With the amount that I go through, I think I might even talk to them about some kind of compensation...

Let me know what you guys think.

That's a pretty serious charge you are presenting. Being this is your "first post " here , one wonders what is your agenda.

A number of members here have used the Havoline Smart Box. Not one has complained about being shorted on the product.

I have done a couple of changes with them. Works perfect no reason to believe I got less than 6 quarts as my 6.2 quart oil change Toyota's were filled up to the full mark with the box.

Originally Posted by Edoccar
With the amount that I go through, I think I might even talk to them about some kind of compensation...

Let me know what you guys think.

I would suggest that if you truly believe they have been shorting you then you should definitely contact them for compensation.

My vehicle takes 5.8 qts, since I dump the entire box in I have never really measured, just assumed it was a full 6qts. However, if your claim is correct that is false advertising on Havoline's part, anyone can and will jump on that class action.

thank you! finally someone that understand what my concern is!! I would just check it the next time you use it. A measuring bottle should do the trick if you have one laying around

Last edited:
what kind of marked bottle do you have that holds 7 quarts?

there's a possibility that it might be inaccurate.

not saying you aren't wrong.

I think a more accurate way to check this would be to get a box of oil and fill 6 one quart bottles evenly and see if they are all filled up to where they are generally considered full.

Next time around when my brother changes oil on his truck that takes exactly 6 quarts we will see if it is at the proper full mark. the last few times we put Castrol Magnatec in it using a 5 quart jug and then one single quart bottle.

next time its slated for the 6 quart box of havoline, I'm curious to see how it pours etc.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
what kind of marked bottle do you have that holds 7 quarts?

there's a possibility that it might be inaccurate.

not saying you aren't wrong.

I think a more accurate way to check this would be to get a box of oil and fill 6 one quart bottles evenly and see if they are all filled up to where they are generally considered full.

Next time around when my brother changes oil on his truck that takes exactly 6 quarts we will see if it is at the proper full mark. the last few times we put Castrol Magnatec in it using a 5 quart jug and then one single quart bottle.

next time its slated for the 6 quart box of havoline, I'm curious to see how it pours etc.

7 quarts is a typo, it's actually 6 quarts.

The bottle looks like this:
fNMLxLn

Once would be understandable but unless all your boxes came from the same batch, having a shortage every time suggests you're measuring wrong.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Once would be understandable but unless all your boxes came from the same batch, having a shortage every time suggests you're measuring wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come from the same batch. Like I mentioned, I go through many of them

Originally Posted by PimTac
That's a pretty serious charge you are presenting. Being this is your "first post " here , one wonders what is your agenda.

A number of members here have used the Havoline Smart Box. Not one has complained about being shorted on the product.

Lots of negative posts on havoline and the smart change boxes lately.

OP follows a fairly predictable language pattern - an establishment of authority "I use these a lot", a concern leveled as a question "anyone else have these problems," and then ending with a negative potential outcome "I might seek compensation."

The question becomes "I wonder which marketing department is driving this?"

A huge corporation like CVX is not going to go all amateur hour on their flagship passenger lube. Just like I wouldn't expect it from XOM, BP, or RDS.

Those games are for the smitty's and coastals of the world.

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by PimTac

Lots of negative posts on havoline and the smart change boxes lately.

OP follows a fairly predictable language pattern - an establishment of authority "I use these a lot", a concern leveled as a question "anyone else have these problems," and then ending with a negative potential outcome "I might seek compensation."

The question becomes "I wonder which marketing department is driving this?"

A huge corporation like CVX is not going to go all amateur hour on their flagship passenger lube. Just like I wouldn't expect it from XOM, BP, or RDS.

Those games are for the smitty's and coastals of the world.

Okay, first of all, you're overthinking this wayyyyy too much buddy.
Second, just fyi, I'm just a regular dude that goes through a product on the market that many people use and wants their opinion on.
That's why most of us are here right?

Please, take your conspiracy theories somewhere else...

Originally Posted by Audios
Is it possible the container is marked in liters and not quarts? 5.5 liters would be about the same as 6 quarts.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back