Motor Kote (works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one of the ingredients is brightstock, my Lucas alaert goes off. Just goo. Brightstock is group I oil and will break down faster than reguler motor oil.

This is simply the company's website which shows their additives offereings.

RC has many additives, as do other additive companies; this proves nothing.

Frank wrote about this subject a few years ago. He said all he could with out violateing confidentialaity laws and such. It is a form of chlorinated parafin but it has been buffered in such a way as to not be corrosize for a period of time. The chemical in it is used on that large transport tractor for the space shuttle. I guess it is unique though amoung chlorinated parafinsin that it is not like any of the other products that came before it and is not corosive persay. Now I thought that their was a time period hough like 3000 or 5000 miles and after wich it was no longer buffered or something liek that? I also thought that it dd not stick to the metal so you ahd to refresh this stuff each oil change etc......

i had a friend that used MotorKote a long time ago when it first caem out. Back then it did contain PTFE in it as well as what ever propritary parafin chemical it contains. They also changed the design of the bottle!

Rhein Chemie additives

If so using phos and sulfur maybe some polymers but Id still bet on chlor send me some I will check it
bruce

ProjectFarm on YouTube tested it and it actually seems to do what it claims.

I would really be interested in knowing what the heck is in it. The MSDS is devoid of component information.

It's mystery juice that seems to work... but if it's chlorinated, they'd have to put that in the MSDS, because it's harmful no?

What you are referencing from project farm is not a confirmation this product works. This is just another snake oil people buy because "improvements" have to be made to a finished product by people who don't have a clue how to "improve" finished products.

Originally Posted by dave1251
What you are referencing from project farm is not a confirmation this product works.

Then perhaps this is?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rrrocketman
Then perhaps this is?

For every derivative one shows in their justification, one receives -2 points in the game...

I think you guys had a previous member with a similar name? Must be a coincidence because I'm new here.

Last edited:
The answer is still the same. Use a good quality oil from a known reputable brand and you don't need to this stuff to it. Save your money.

The interwebs are full of confirmation bias. If you want proof of anything you will find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back