floor jack/ jack stand combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time back, someone posted a type of jack that lifted the jack stand so it was in place when you lowered the floor jack. I can't find it or remember the name. Basically the flood jack fit under the jack stand and lifted it, then you could roll the floor jack out, leaving the jack stand in place.

Looking for a good way to lift my travel trailer for tire changes, needs to be portable incase of a flat. I have the wide trax axles so the drive on lifts will not work. I can take my 3 ton floor jack. Just want to revisit the jack stand system someone posted.

Yep, Safe Jacks.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Using a pair at front on my Impala and one regular stand at the rear for exhaust work. Only need one at the rear, the frame is so stiff. (Do have a jack as backup on the other side)

Even at the lowest setting, that's what 6" high? I feel vulnerable when sliding the jack under the car but that's not an issue with my current car where I can actually hit a jacking point with my high-profile jack. I really hate using the pinch welds. Anything that has that much clearance beneath the pinch weld is probably going to have enough clearance to get a full sized jack under something substantial.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by ted s
i will stick to regular jack stands

Me too.

You all miss the whole point of using these.

I know the point, the price is too rich for my blood. While they're very nice I'll do as I've done for 4+ decades w/o them. OTOH if the price drops I might consider them.

Originally Posted by eljefino
https://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-620471-6000lb-Unijack-Renewed/dp/B07SB676KG

I have 4 of these Uni Jacks and they are awesome. At about $50 each I can get all 4 wheels up 2 feet in air for under $200. They are tall so need to prejack for low cars. Still love them every time I use them. Neighbor saw them and borrowed 2. Still hasn't brought them back so I am probably going to have to ask for them.

Originally Posted by spk2000

I have 4 of these Uni Jacks and they are awesome. At about $50 each I can get all 4 wheels up 2 feet in air for under $200. They are tall so need to prejack for low cars. Still love them every time I use them. Neighbor saw them and borrowed 2. Still hasn't brought them back so I am probably going to have to ask for them.

I saw those they look good for what i need, i was concerned with the number of reviews regarding failures.

I looked at those before getting Safe Jacks. Useless on most passenger cars, too high even on the lowest setting to fit under vehicle. If you have to prejack the car from another point, that defeats the whole purpose of lifting it from the same point as you have the jack stand.

Originally Posted by atikovi

I looked at those before getting Safe Jacks. Useless on most passenger cars, too high even on the lowest setting to fit under vehicle. If you have to prejack the car from another point, that defeats the whole purpose of lifting it from the same point as you have the jack stand.

I need the height. Its for a travel trailer with wide trax axles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back