Drift carts, looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 11YO has been obsessed with anything he can drift, but I'm not sure who makes a decent drift cart under about $400. The razor looks decent but may complaints on front tire life...any input appreciated.

$400 can get you a Logitech G29 with a racing seat if you want to keep him safe at home. Plenty of racing games have drifting physics built in now.

Get him the adult razor. Real drift trikes and bar stools are dangerous...... but they are the most fun you will have and not go to jail.

Coincidentally he does spend a good bit of time on Forza with the Logitech wheel setup....me also.

Definitely motorized, I think the Razor is about all there is at the moment outside a DIY. I was curious if the adult razor was too big or how much adjustment it has.

They look like a ton of fun.

Originally Posted by atikovi
A Big Wheel?

Green Machines were sweeter! My best friend up the street had one when we were kids. WAY cooler than my Big Wheel!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
A Big Wheel?

Green Machines were sweeter! My best friend up the street had one when we were kids. WAY cooler than my Big Wheel!

They still make and sell Green Machines, well they do in Oz, some of the local kids have them. They must have been around for 40 years now.

Originally Posted by SR5
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
A Big Wheel?

They still make and sell Green Machines, well they do in Oz, some of the local kids have them. They must have been around for 40 years now.

Nice!

Originally Posted by Reddy45
$400 can get you a Logitech G29 with a racing seat if you want to keep him safe at home. Plenty of racing games have drifting physics built in now.

Trying to find a good, racing/gaming seat that's solid and doesn't break the bank is a task in itself also....hard to get a "hands-on" before purchase.

[censored] rich kids.

Lol...not really.

What I'm after is cheaper than an ipad and he likes to be outside. Small reward for his good grades and he's the one who, without asking, grabs the backpack blower, struggles to start it, then starts the leaf cleanup on his own, as well as helping our neighbor who doesn't move around very well.

I'd rather see him interested in gearhead stuff than bury his face in a phone. The turning of wheels, getting stuck, recovery, really interests him...very cool at his age.

These are what I was looking at...again, not many other vendors have them. I'm sure I'll fabricate larger 12-15 Ah batts....if poss.

https://www.razor.com/products/electric-rides/crazy-cart/

https://www.razor.com/products/electric-rides/crazy-cart-dlx/

Originally Posted by mk378
Isn't short tire life part and parcel of drift driving?

Yeah, but I believe in this case you alter the rear geometry with the lever which causes the side wards swing. The tire wear is from spinning the drive tire in a forward manner... not from the drift, least the way I understand it.

The drift trikes that I'm keen to use schedule 80 pvc for the tire. It fits over a go kart tire. To change the pvc you just deflate the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back