Rescuing a critically sluged 6.4 F-350

You made a good choice. I think the way to go is take a 6.7 Cummins, delete it, put in a GM Allison transmission, and put it in a Ford body!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
You made a good choice. I think the way to go is take a 6.7 Cummins, delete it, put in a GM Allison transmission, and put it in a Ford body!
crazy.gif

Yaaasss! Excellent idea. Lets build it.
smile.gif

This is just my two cents - Diesel guys, correct me if I'm wrong...

When I had my Honda Civic, running (4) 3k OCIs on Royal Purple made my internals look brand new. Granted, this was on a 98 Civic with a D16Y7 that was purchased by my father brand new, oil changed every 3K with Castrol GTX until I switched er off to Royal Purple.

Perhaps a switch to Royal Purple Duralec 15W40 may help?

Diesel guys, again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Originally Posted by Deliverance95345
This is just my two cents - Diesel guys, correct me if I'm wrong...

When I had my Honda Civic, running (4) 3k OCIs on Royal Purple made my internals look brand new. Granted, this was on a 98 Civic with a D16Y7 that was purchased by my father brand new, oil changed every 3K with Castrol GTX until I switched er off to Royal Purple.

Perhaps a switch to Royal Purple Duralec 15W40 may help?

Diesel guys, again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Interesting, how bad was the Civic when you started the Royal Purple and how did you observe the improvement?

It's amazing that continual 3K OCI with Castrol GTX made the engine that bad to start with. My 96 Accord has had much longer OCI with different oils and it looks pretty decent.

Good choice my man. 6.4s scare the bejesus out of me, and I'm a 5 time repeat 6.0 offender
lol.gif

I daily drive my 6blow, just crossed 100k on this one last week. It's all done up and will last me as long as I choose to love and cherish it. The woman hates it, but it's my baby.

To transition after my shameless 6.0 plug, with that being said, I tow with, you guessed it. A 6.7 cummins. Reliability, sheer grunt and simplicity. I will never pull with anything else. I've had many trucks, and I'm not a fanboy of any brand. I bounce around. But when it comes to pulling and reliably doing so. After buying my 2015 new, i couldnt see putting anything else to the test. There is no need. I pull a 43ft triple axle momentum, weighing in around 17.8k empty. I've drug that thing all over the place, without even a need to so much but look at any gauge but the fuel.

You made a great choice to run from that 6.4, and after pulling with an i6, I think you'll be stuck on them. Enjoy it!

It is a 6.4. The fact it has sludge means it's running so that's a positive. Sadly, owning many of these engines in my wrecker fleet I can tell you unequivocally we never had a sludge issue—the motors didn't run long enough to create any.

It is a 6.4. The fact it has sludge means it's running so that's a positive. Sadly, owning many of these engines in my wrecker fleet I can tell you unequivocally we never had a sludge issue—the motors didn't run long enough to create any.
Hope your 6.7's are treating you well...

Back