A question for Battery Tender Plus owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for Battery Tender Plus owners.

On a Battery Tender Plus what happens if 120-volts is turned off and back on after a while like in a power outage?

Will it power back up and continue maintaining the battery like nothing happened?

Battery-Tender-021-0128-Plus-FrontViewA.JPG

Thanks P10crew & RooflessVW that is what I wanted to know.

I hope some one marks them down Monday.

Last edited:
Enen regular price they are $40 at Costco for 3 mAh. Have not been on sale this year, last two years they were $10 off in Nov.

I have this exact model. In the event of a power outage, when power is restored they just go through the initial battery check cycle, and in about 10-20 seconds are back where you left off. Its no different than if you pulled the plug.
The nice feature is that they come with a 10 year warranty, but you must have the receipt from the purchase. I had one go bad at about 8 years, and they sent me another one when I sent in a copy of the unit and the scanned receipt.

Keep in mind that the real Battery Tender Plus run about $45 or so at the lowest price.

You can get that model on eBay for about $40 shipped btw. I thought about getting this model because it can serve as both a charger and maintainer.

I have 6 of the smaller models I bought for $23 shipped or so. Good for my garden tractors and such.

Lundblad... I have been using 1 single tender in my garden shed that is hooked to my garden tractor. Made small jumper cables with gator clips on each end that hook from the tractor to the moped, grand kids atv and my dirt bike. Worked well for many years now.

I don't recommend Battery Tender Plus. It work great in the beginning but shorted a battery. There are better options out there...I view it a charger craps out but shorts a battery like that something in the design in my opinion...stay away..

Originally Posted by P10crew
Lundblad... I have been using 1 single tender in my garden shed that is hooked to my garden tractor. Made small jumper cables with gator clips on each end that hook from the tractor to the moped, grand kids atv and my dirt bike. Worked well for many years now.

So 1 tender in parallel with 3 batteries? If so, what size wire did you end up going with?

I have 2 spare batteries I thought about doing this with.

The tender plus that I use in the garden shed is 1.25 amps.
I just bought some 2 wire lamp cord from Menards. I suppose it's 16 or 18 gauge. I wasn't convinced that this would work because the batteries are 3 different sizes. But it works very well. I think this is going to be the 5th winter and haven't had to buy any batteries for that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back