So, how did your Thanksgiving go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good, had Mom over who is 69 and has very declining health over the last year -- complications from diabetes. Had acouple real close friends over. We all filled our bellies on turkey and an assortment of other side dishes, watched the new Martin Scrocosie movie the Irish Man -- 3 1/2 hours long that is and just enjoyed each others company as a whole. Little things in life!!!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Little things definitely better. In Jersey bigger is better..supposedly. Bigger houses, bigger gatherings. I do my best to circulate and talk to everyone and when I get home I realize I've talked to no one. Just feeling old tonight. Holidays were so much more enjoyable when I was a kid.

Sat in bumper to bumper traffic on the Gowanus Expressway,Brooklyn Queens Expressway and the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge. Besides that okay.

There was all of 4 of us this year. Me, mom, aunt and cousin.

I sat, ate, watched the Lions get destroyed and the Cowboy's embarrass themselves and I was home on the couch with a drink in hand by 430.

I watched The Irishman too, only made it half way through before it was time for bed. I can't wait to finish it tonight.

Went awesome spent time with the grand kids watched a movie, pigged out. Very nice day. Also found out that we are getting another grand kid in May. Weeeee

Originally Posted by nickaluch
Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life
Sat in bumper to bumper traffic on the Gowanus Expressway,Brooklyn Queens Expressway and the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge. Besides that okay.

Now that's painful

Extremely painful!

There was all of 4 of us this year. Me, mom, aunt and cousin.

I sat, ate, watched the Lions get destroyed and the Cowboy's embarrass themselves and I was home on the couch with a drink in hand by 430.

I watched The Irishman too, only made it half way through before it was time for bed. I can't wait to finish it tonight.

Originally Posted by nickaluch
Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life

Now that's painful

No, watching the Irishman in one sitting was painful. At least we got to snack and take about 5 p breaks.

I'm happy. I didn't have to put up with my Dad's girlfriend. Her family was in town, so she was visiting with them.

Had 9 out of ten family together at my brothers condo ,,food was great,,wine was better,,, sorry my son didn't have time off from work and school not to mention travel in MN.sucked

Best Thanksgiving together in a long time

first time in years my wife and I didn't have to make dinner, went to my stepsons house. He and his girl friend did the dinner,, was great . first time I ever had deep fried turkey now that's how to do a turkey if you ask me, drove the local interstate about 30 minutes to get there and I was surprised at how little traffic there was , so overall it was a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back