T6 Multi Vehicle 5W30 08 Sonata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good friend of mines GF is down on her finances at the moment. She has a 2008 Sonata with the 2.4L engine. She came over yesterday for Thanksgiving and after eating -- I changed her oil for her using my stash of Rotella T6 MV 5w30 paired with a Super Tech oil filter. Her car specs a 5W20 but I would imagine the full synthetic 5W30 and that filter would be good for a 5000 mile interval. She comes over with him atleast once every two weeks to hang out. When she stops over -- I will be checking her oil level.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Good friend of mines GF is down on her finances at the moment. She has a 2008 Sonata with the 2.4L engine. She came over yesterday for Thanksgiving and after eating -- I changed her oil for her using my stash of Rotella T6 MV 5w30 paired with a Super Tech oil filter. Her car specs a 5W20 but I would imagine the full synthetic 5W30 and that filter would be good for a 5000 mile interval. She comes over with him atleast once every two weeks to hang out. When she stops over -- I will be checking her oil level.

very nice of u ,good man.

I got 9 free gallon containers two years ago when Shell Rotella first came out with there Multi Vehicle 5W30 shipped to my house from Shell.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
5w-30 is a great choice for any Hyundai or Kia. You did a good thing.

Hyundai has a TSB stating to use 5W40 instead of 5W30 in certain turbo vehicles.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
I got 9 free gallon containers two years ago when Shell Rotella first came out with there Multi Vehicle 5W30 shipped to my house from Shell.

Wow! That's quite the score. How did you swing that?

There actually was a gentleman on here that works for Shell. I sent him a PM and he hooked me up. Have about 4.5 gallons left.

Originally Posted by csandste
Think this is Hyunkias version of the World Engine which I had in an 07 Optima. Pre DI if I remember correctly and probably more bullet proof than the modern engines.

That is an understatement 🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back