Your favorite lubricant & fluids brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's Valvoline.

- Have had excellent results with Synpower.
- Hear great things about Maxlife oils and will be using them next.
- Zerex anti freeze is my go to.
- Have had great results with their ATF.
- Their DOT 3&4 is great value and works very well (I think it's a licensed product though).
- They seem to have the widest coverage esp in antifreeze and ATF.
- They've always answered my questions fully and quickly.

Next I would say Mobil. Their 0w40 has impressed me compared to Castrol and Pennzoil's offerings. I also like their range and variety of oil choices eg EP and HM variants. And the fact they make the specs easy to view on the website and they are very clear about approvals vs suitable for.

I still stand behind XOM and the Mobil 1 brand - consistent, top notch components, no gimmicky marketing, a lot of "proof of performance" testing and always ahead of the curve.

right now its Pennzoil because they make the only easily available oil that meets the specs for my jeep.

ms-13340.

I had no issue stocking up on rotella gas truck today for 6$/5qt after rebate.
just wont be using it in the jeep.

My Preferences have changed over the years, thanks to the feedback from the great members of BITOG!

Currently
Valvoline
Pennzoil
Super Tech

Previously
Shell
Mobil 1
Castrol
Quaker State
Motomaster (Canadian Tire house brand)

Last edited:
Castrol all the way here, mostly because of Ecoboost engines - Magnatec and Edge 0w40.
I used Valvoline 75w140 in the diff in my old FX4 and it was great. Not brand loyal, just use what seems to work best . My M54 after 100K+ miles on Castrol oil.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by double vanos
Castrol all the way here, mostly because of Ecoboost engines - Magnatec and Edge 0w40.
I used Valvoline 75w140 in the diff in my old FX4 and it was great. Not brand loyal, just use what seems to work best . My M54 after 100K+ miles on Castrol oil.
[Linked Image]

Looks great! Thanks for the pics.

Castrol has always been my favorite since the 80s. Currently it just depends on my mood. Lately it's been Pennzoil and Quaker State. I went through a Mobil 1 phase a few years ago.

Always changes for me, currently going through some RGT. I've used everything though. I will say however, I tend to gravitate towards oils that contain Moly which is just my preference.

I used to run Mobil 1 in everything but switched to Pennzoil platinum some years back. I'm currently running Shell RGT in my Ram, my in-laws Buick and soon to be my wife's Chrysler. So going to RGT means I'm staying in the SOPUS Family. As for switching from Mobil 1 to Shell/Pennzoil,... price, that's the only reason. Mobil 1 is a great product, but for the same quality and level of protection, I'll save a couple of bucks.

I kind of go through phases...used to be only Mobil 1, switched it up Pennzoil and now I've settled in with RGT. Rebates had a lot to do with that (and what looked like a good additive pack).

For transmission fluid I only use OE stuff, whatever that may be (currently it's DEX Vl). Same for coolant, I'll only use OE.

Differential fluid I'm partial ton Mobil 1...it's easy to get my hands on, relatively inexpensive and seems to work fine.

Rust proofing I'll use Fluid Film

And penetration oil I'll only use PB Blaster...been there done that, I don't have to waste on anything else. They'll all work, eventually, PB just does it faster, better. Never used anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back