Post Thanksgiving apple pie do's and don'ts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't feel like turkey but I did bake a Marie Callender dutch apple pie.

1) How long can you leave it on the counter before having to refrigerate it? Box say's 1/9 of the pie is a serving and I want to limit myself to one serving a day because of the calories. Can I leave it out over a week?
2) Do you eat it hot, cold, or room temperature? I microwave a slice to heat it before eating but have been told it's improper.

store bought pies other than pumpkin I leave out 4-5 days , pumpkin keep in the fridge

My Costco pumpkin pies are gone, devoured in one night with Land o Lakes heavy whipped cream.
20.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83
My Costco pumpkin pies are gone, devoured in one night with Land o Lakes heavy whipped cream.
20.gif

They had them for $3 each today its never to late.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Didn't feel like turkey but I did bake a Marie Callender dutch apple pie.

1) How long can you leave it on the counter before having to refrigerate it? Box say's 1/9 of the pie is a serving and I want to limit myself to one serving a day because of the calories. Can I leave it out over a week?
2) Do you eat it hot, cold, or room temperature? I microwave a slice to heat it before eating but have been told it's improper.

You still have apple pie from Thanksgiving? You're not doing it right.

I eat apple pie cold with Vanilla ice cream and whipped cream or cool whip.
Calories be [censored],full speed ahead.
Oh by the way I'm 5'9" 175 lbs.
I dont gain weight easily.

BITOG-oriented answer:

-keep pie in the fridge
-cut one slice
-set slice in foil pouch
-close pouch
-go outside (with the pie pouch)
-open car hood
-set on engine or some place where is not going to run at high Gs
-start the car
-drive slow in the neighborhood (gotta respect the neighbors)
-max heat
-step on it
-make sure to keep it at 4-5k RPM
-give everybody a piece of your mind (make sure to also make a BIG LETTERS sign)
-drive for 15 minutes
-return home
-open car hood
-retrieve pie pouch
-enjoy pie on the porch
-reflect what you can do Tomorrow to enjoy another pouch; Must not attract Police....

Before I was forced to retire I would bring pie (and leftovers) into the fab shop. Before we had a microwave I would set up a piece of 6" or 8" carbon steel pipe and set the leftovers inside the pipe, wrapped in foil. I would then pass a lit torch underneath the pipe to heat up the leftovers.
C'est Si Bon!

My fifteen year old son made a pumpkin pie from scratch for Thanksgiving. That thing was finished yesterday.

Ive always kept apple or blueberry pie in the fridge and microwaved a slice until it was gone. Never had one go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back