Black Friday Kobalt Impact Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings-
Wifey scored an early Christmas present (for me). Lowes 1/2" Kobalt 24v Impact Wrench rated 650 ft/lbs with 4 amp batt. for $139. If this thing can break loose an axle nut torqued to 400 ft/lbs, I will be impressed. Probably not.

That sounds pretty good. But I am trying to limit my cordless purchases to just Milwaukee M18 I do have one Ryobi only because I wanted a 10" cordless chainsaw.

looks pretty good squats on the line between mid-torque and high torque...

sorta low for a high torque model and high for a mid torque.

That being said it should do anything that doesnt require a 3ft cheater bar.. and be easier on sockets than say.. the milwaukee 1400 torque model.

I have one of these, and have used it on lug nuts on my Honda and Mrs. Jimmy's Nissan. Also used it on the 14mm seat bolts in my car. It has worked fine on everything so far. Not sure how it would do on an axle nut though. Battery lasts a long time on a single charge too.

Originally Posted by willbur
Greetings-
Wifey scored an early Christmas present (for me). Lowes 1/2" Kobalt 24v Impact Wrench rated 650 ft/lbs with 4 amp batt. for $139. If this thing can break loose an axle nut torqued to 400 ft/lbs, I will be impressed. Probably not.

Are there any good online reviews for this Impact? It may be ok for what you need.

I'm heavily invested in Dewalt 20v line and I have the 1/4 inch impact (both single speed and 3 speed) and the 1/2 gun. That 1/2 inch is my go to tool for Tire changes. Regardless of the brand, IMO most of these battery impacts are very good these days for light duty work.

Originally Posted by JC1
Originally Posted by willbur
Greetings-

Are there any good online reviews for this Impact? It may be ok for what you need.

I'm heavily invested in Dewalt 20v line and I have the 1/4 inch impact (both single speed and 3 speed) and the 1/2 gun. That 1/2 inch is my go to tool for Tire changes. Regardless of the brand, IMO most of these battery impacts are very good these days for light duty work.

The 24 v Kobalt 3/8" impact wrench, rated at 150 ft/lbs was tested on YouTube breaking loose lug nuts torqued to 225. It was the highest of the tested big brand names. There are no tests for the 1/2" version I could find. Have been unable to get to that axle nut yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back