Havoline syn ds for extending oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently running 10k ocis with m1 0w40. No issues. Just saw the havoline 6qt box and it's intriguing. It's a dexos 1 gen 2 so I know it's good but does a yo e think it can go 10k in a standard efi?

Maybe. I'd do a UOA to be sure. Blind faith and following blanket statements is not something I'd rely on for a 10K OCI.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Maybe. I'd do a UOA to be sure. Blind faith and following blanket statements is not something I'd rely on for a 10K OCI.

I agree ^^^^^

The 1gr fe is relatively gentle on oil and I would run it without hesitation for a normal OCI using the havoline pro DS so long as your service and use don't become too severe.

From what I recall, it evaporates quite a bit. 10K might have you needing another qt.

I couldn't sleep at night without medication if I were forced to do a 10K OCI.
05.gif

Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr
The 1gr fe is relatively gentle on oil and I would run it without hesitation for a normal OCI using the havoline pro DS so long as your service and use don't become too severe.

I'm running the Havoline pro ds in my 1GR FE right now. I wouldn't have any concerns going to 10k with the full syn pro ds, or any name brand synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back