What did you buy or are you going to buy for Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't planning on buying anything but I bought a Taser Pulse+ for when I'm doing Uber. I had a bad experience which is why I stopped doing it and now I'll feel safe again.

What did y'all decide to splurge on at half price?

It was regular price, but bought one of these for the Highlander: https://www.shop.bpadapters.com/TS-101-BK-Cartridge-to-Spin-On-Adapter-TS-101-BK.htm

Also got some of the new GTR LEDs from Headlight Revolution 20% off. Picked up some new halogen bulbs for the snowmobile, too.

A Fit Bit at Meijer half off. A bunch of dog stuff, and baby clothes. Meijer synthetic oil was $2.58 per quart (BOGO 50% off) for 10 quarts, but I decided against it. Got some Trico Force wipers BOGO for $1.

A Shark cordless vacuum from QVC a week ago with an advertised BF price.

I buy most gifts throughout the year and usually get stuff for us this time of year.

I have no desire to head into crazy crowds. I like my 8 hours of sleep.

Now there have been times when I wanted to get some normal stuff at Home Depot or similar and have had to endure the crowds.

Did most of my shopping online. Even up here in Canada Black Friday deals started yesterday.

I usually can't stand the crowds. I don't need any TVs or larger items.

On Amazon - 3 Fire Stick TV, Echo Show with Wyze Camera
Best Buy online - 5TB portable hard drive and 2 JBL bluetooth portable speakers
Home Depot (in store last night )- Nest Doorbell and Ryobi Nailer (got an additional 10% off with HD credit card offer for total purchase)

This is usually the best time of the year to stock up on items.

Originally Posted by dogememe
I wasn't planning on buying anything but I bought a Taser Pulse+ for when I'm doing Uber. I had a bad experience which is why I stopped doing it and now I'll feel safe again.

What did y'all decide to splurge on at half price?

Yikes. Hope your next passengers aren't as crazy.

Zero need to shop at a retail store when there's good deals online.

I want to buy a car but better deals in Jan when car is still unsold.

Want to pick up another lithium jump started so I'll have one in both vehicles but will buy it from Amazon.

You couldn't drag me to wally or the mall on Black Friday, I might end up in jail
07.gif

Last edited:
My 2 year old son threw a ball into the TV so I ended up at Best Buy on weds. Walked right past all of the BF TVs by the door, and found 20% off a samsung QLED, under 700$. They also had a great deal on a Sony 60", something like 450$ off, was in the 1200 range but didnt want to go nuts in case his arm gets better.

ATSC 3 is coming next year so expect big tv clearances soon

2 weeks ago Sams had a 75" 4k set for $549, didn't see many walking out with TVs though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fawteen
Not a single thing. There's no sale price on earth low enough to get me out with the mindless hordes.

Right! It's so much better to compare prices and do research at home vs going to a packed store to buy junk you don't even need haha.

Our off road club does black friday night wheeling starting at 4PM going until 2 or 3 in the morning. Jeep's low on gas, so I'll be buying gas!

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
Absolutely avoid this stuff like the plague. Not for us.

Same here! I worked way too many of those back in my retail days. It ruined me for life haha!

I am going to the gym and then I am going to enjoy a winter (33 deg F) bike ride! I need to get an early start working off the turkey, beer and pumpkin pie. I hope I don't get run over by crazy shoppers!

Last edited:
I think any and all that "Black Friday" stuff is item-by-item.

I'm old enough to remember when Columbus Day sales were the secret beginning of Christmas shopping and featured psycho low prices on select items. If you knew what you wanted you could really make out and be ahead of the masses.

In other words, see a super price on something you've been needing and shopping for, then go buy it.
Go into the store, buy it, and leave.
What's the big deal with some of you people?

If you go shopping when you don't need anything, you're a dippy-doo. This has been true forever no matter what time of year.
Also, "shopping" doesn't mean "just buy". It means scouting out prices and comparing competing goods.

Home Ec 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back