Mouse disconnecting/Connecting sounds/freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

I recently did a bunch of Windows 10 updates (not sure if it is related or not?) and now I can constantly hear my mouse doing this connect and reconnect thing and occasionally it will freeze?
I did some looking and updated my drivers and unchecked my "Allow this computer to save energy" under USB Root hub but it is still doing it??

If I shut off/reboot my computer it helps sometimes but usually quickly comes back.

My mouse is a Dell wired, not wireless, and I've tried different ports to no avail.
Right now typing this all is fine but I'm sure if I click on something after typing this, it will happen again?

My mouse is likely getting up there in age but before I go buy a new one, I want to make sure this is the problem first? I've cleaned the red light underneath and insured my pad was clean. Not sure what else to do at this point?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Try doing a "Windows Restore" to the previous version and see if that makes things better. If it does, then I would contact Dell and ask about a driver upgrade and install it before you do a Windows upgrade.

Good Luck, PC problems can be so irritating.

Have you tried disabling some of the mouse settings, graphics, mouse pointer options

Originally Posted by Wrenchturner44
Try doing a "Windows Restore" to the previous version and see if that makes things better. If it does, then I would contact Dell and ask about a driver upgrade and install it before you do a Windows upgrade.

Good Luck, PC problems can be so irritating.

Originally Posted by wkcars
Have you tried disabling some of the mouse settings, graphics, mouse pointer options

I just unplugged it then uninstalled it. Plugged it back in and all is good, so far............

I'll give it some time and report back but so far so good after about 5 minutes.
cheers3.gif

try another mouse they are cheap.
if it persists check into rolling windows back or googling for other people with same issue.

Consider hardware failure such as a break in the cable or bad connections inside the mouse.

If it's an ordinary USB optical two buttons and a wheel mouse, you do not need to and really should not install any driver.

Originally Posted by Rand
try another mouse they are cheap.
if it persists check into rolling windows back or googling for other people with same issue.

I played with the cord and all was good/great for about 5 days give or take. Yesterday, the noises came back and my mouse froze so I purchased a cheap, $13 dollar Logitech and all is fine, so far.

Thanks for the info/help, guys.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back