VW T-ROC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I'm in Rome this week and I spotted a few of these T-ROCs. They are sweet! Nice size, sporty and fun. I wish VW would bring some more of their vehicles over to NA like this and the Amarok. Also walked by these two little 500s and was amazed at the difference in size between new and old.

vw_t-roc.jpg

1991.jpg

20191128_123643.jpg

Better looking than any VW in America which means we'll never get it.

I owned a Fiat 600 in the mid sixties. Fifty mph, fifty mpg, fifty miles per quart of oil. Looks like if I'd hit a kid on a bicycle I'd be the one to die. In fact my cousin told me that when he saw it, though the 600 was probably longer, lower and wider.

Yes, the T-Roc is a really sharp looking little CUV. VWoA will never succeed because they are incompetent and have been for decades now.
I call them the Herndon Half-wits!

Oh and that pic with the original and new FIAT 500s proves that cars have become bloated too big. If I could buy the original one new I'd buy one!
Simplistic, durable, and cheap and easy to repair!

You can buy perfectly restored ones all day long. Why you'd want to drive one today when a new 500 much less a CUV would make a yard sale of one in a collision is daring.

Post a pic when you get it!

Originally Posted by donnyj08
The T-ROC looks really similar to our Tucson IMO. Between the wheel arches and the back taillights are very similar in style.
. Kia has actually got many styling cues in past models from VW. I know people who dislike VW will disagree, but I can prove it when I have more time.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by donnyj08
The T-ROC looks really similar to our Tucson IMO. Between the wheel arches and the back taillights are very similar in style.
. Kia has actually got many styling cues in past models from VW. I know people who dislike VW will disagree, but I can prove it when I have more time.

I believe it. I read that Hyundai Hired a former designer from AUDI a few years ago. I believe his name is Luc Donckerwolke former head of design for AUDI, Bentley, Lamborghini.

You can see the resemblance in a lot of Kia/Hyundai vehicles

Last edited:
Unfortunately VW is building a US specific model that is larger than T-ROC but less then current generation Tiguan in size.

That being said VW I think realized with the 2018 Atlas and 2018 Tiguan (both new US specific designs) gave them 50% of sales volume. My sheer guess every SUV that was not US centric like Toureag, Tiguan previous generation was an abysmal failure in sales despite a hot SUV market.

VW corporate profit center and hot seller is the Audi Q5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back