Watched the Macy's parade this am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit watching years ago for that reason. Rather watch the Tournament of Roses parade.

Last I heard they had to cancel the balloons this year due to the high winds. Not sure if the did or not; didn't watch it.

If so, I personally think they should have battled through it. Would have made it much more entertaining.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
If so, I personally think they should have battled through it. Would have made it much more entertaining.

They did that one year
...it didn't end well
cry.gif

IIRC one dead, several badly hurt

But yeah, it isn't nearly as fun as it used to be
Maybe that's how everything gets as you get older?
No self respecting New Yorker would actually go in person
We leave that to the tourists and transplants to IG there "fun"
If you consider standing in the cold wind and rain wearing Depends in a Penn you can't leave or re-enter "fun"

They talked about wind, then CBS stuff, then wind, then musicals, then wind, then balloons in the wind, then CBS stuff, then mentioned a parade with marching bands and floats, then wind, then Macy's, then wind, then CBS... they had to show the guy holding a wind speed gage showing 5 mph every couple minutes.
The Hollywood Christmas Parade is even worse.

Originally Posted by michaelluscher
Originally Posted by dlundblad

They did that one year
...it didn't end well
cry.gif

IIRC one dead, several badly hurt

But you can't leave or re-enter "fun"

I might be a little twisted but watching Barney terrorize a city warmed my heart.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

I might be a little twisted but watching Barney terrorize a city warmed my heart.

I guess Godzilla doesn't do it for you?

I have no clue who most of the entertainers are when they stop the float and sing a song.

I thought it would be fun to be a balloon handler for one parade. But have not done it.

It is not a parade, it is a multi-hour commercial posing as a parade. My adult Daughter watched it, I caught bits and all I saw was promotion for entertainment events.......

Originally Posted by GON
It is not a parade, it is a multi-hour commercial posing as a parade. My adult Daughter watched it, I caught bits and all I saw was promotion for entertainment events.......

What parade out there is lacking commercial aspect except maybe Memorial/Veteran's day.

Every parade I attend has floats eluding to their organization, church or business on them which I call a commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back