Lotus Elise OE Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil filter after ~1,600 miles, 12 mos. Redline 5w-40. Replaced with a Denso, made in Thailand, Toyota OEM 90915-YZZF1. The Louts unit was China COO.

The Lotus OE filter appears to be a rebranded Toyota OE unit, to the extent that the interior flap of one of the Lotus filter boxes has 90915-YZZF1 printed on it. This was the last of a case of Lotus filters and I will most likely use the Toyota ones going forward, plus there is a dealer a few miles from us.

Well made filters though.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
~$23 vs. ~$9 or so, dealer prices.

I was thinking that might be the case. That Lotus name comes with a price of its own.

Good move.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I just use a $5 Toyota filter but may spring for a genuine Lotus one before I sell.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

I see some non OE stuff there...what mods have you done to the car?

Get a stencil and paint "FOR LOTUS ONLY" on the Toyota filter before you install it so the car feels special again.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Get a stencil and paint "FOR LOTUS ONLY" on the Toyota filter before you install it so the car feels special again.

crackmeup2.gif
makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?! lol

Hi
As a Brit I tip my hat at your list of cars.

It was a good day at Lotus when they dropped the K series engine for the Toyota unit. I had a Land Rover Freelander with the K series and head gaskets were almost a service item
lol.gif

Apologies for slightly straying off topic.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Hi
As a Brit I tip my hat at your list of cars.

It was a good day at Lotus when they dropped the K series engine for the Toyota unit. I had a Land Rover Freelander with the K series and head gaskets were almost a service item
lol.gif

Apologies for slightly straying off topic.

Thank you Sir.

I may yet own a K Series when MGF's become importable here, or unless I come to my senses
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back