Green Bean Casserole/favoite side dish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluffy mashed potatoes. (butter and milk used, mashed by hand)
They are just a bit heavier than marshmallow fluff.

And Cranberry jelly.

How can you only pick one side for Thanksgiving? There is so much to choose from. Like sweet potato casserole, fruit salad with fresh whip cream, bacon peas, mashed or riced potatoes, cornbread stuffing, or cranberry sauce.

Bacon peas and mashed potatoes. I can't narrow it down better than that.

Heh, wife makes that green bean casserole each year, but instead of using (sour cream? whatever it is) she uses greek yogurt. This year she goofed and didn't have anything, so she made it with just cream of mushroom soup. We think it might have been better--it usually too heavy, but too addictive to stop gobbling up.

I don't really have a favorite. Maybe the pumpkin pie.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by supton
Heh, wife makes that green bean casserole each year, but instead of using (sour cream? whatever it is) she uses greek yogurt. This year she goofed and didn't have anything, so she made it with just cream of mushroom soup. We think it might have been better--it usually too heavy, but too addictive to stop gobbling up.

I don't really have a favorite. Maybe the pumpkin pie.
smile.gif

I agree, if you follow most recipes it is to heavy, what we do is use half the amount of cream of mushroom soup that the recipe calls for and it's much better. She also adds a little bacon bits to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back