Need an excuse for skipping Thanksgiving gathering tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this hard? All you have to do is either state that you're feeling ill or that you have a prior TG commitment. Of course you have to cover your *** on either story, so pick the one you can cover better. IE if you're sick you should be at home or at least a place that doesn't sound like you're partying if they call you to see how you're doing. Don't play sick then not answer the phone, at least text back immediately if the call was from a cell phone, or else they might think you are having a medical emergency and cause all kinds of chaos.

Last edited:
I skip quite a few of these engagements. If I don't want to go I just don't. I don't make any excuses about it and you shouldn't fee like you have to either.

So if you tell the truth, you think your family might go nuts. Fair enough.

If that's true, and if you therefore lie to get away, your family is still nuts. Except now you have a lie to maintain -- which they will likely see through on some level, consciously or not -- and you've made yourself weaker by sacrificing your integrity in a vain attempt to appease people you think are crazy.

Treat yourself and your family like people who are capable of strength and dignity. Tell the truth.

Hehehehe,

I get it it is too many questions of what you do with your life and when do you get married and when are you going to have kids???
Followed by food comma.... and a week of getting out of it...
Also, does this has anything to do with your past diet?

Simple.

I did a 180, and took (the already suggested in the thread) vacation, where I eat what i want, when I want whit who I want.
Since we are on BITOG, I drove to the destination. Cleared the vehicle's throat over the mountains, enjoyed some good air and some good views, + bonus saw some nice cars.

Originally Posted by pandus13
Hehehehe,

I get it it is too many questions of what you do with your life and when do you get married and when are you going to have kids???

Simple.

I did a 180, and took (the already suggested in the thread) vacation, where I eat what i want, when I want whit who I want.
Since we are on BITOG, I drove to the destination. Cleared the vehicle's throat over the mountains, enjoyed some good air and some good views, + bonus saw some nice cars.

You nailed it as always pandus!

I think I'll start doing the "out of town" plan now.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Originally Posted by pandus13
Hehehehe,

Simple.

You nailed it as always pandus!

I think I'll start doing the "out of town" plan now.
grin.gif

Make sure you find a blonde reason also...

Normally I would go for European girls in exotic destinations, but Canadian French ladies are a league on their own.

Also, life is short, so try to meet people that see the same eye to eye.

YOLO!

Say: "I don't want to go through what is, in my opinion, the family insanity at these gatherings. I don't enjoy it, so I won't be attending."

Side note: #58 I'm touring China with a wok band...cracked me up.

last year i had a legit excuse, had the flu/cold...wife made dinner ,people still came over..i was miserable ,

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Really?

Yep. Or you could be thousands of miles from home wishing you were there.
Happy Thanksgiving Tribol Leaders !

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Just man up, say you don't want to go, and then don't go.

This. Or you can call in afraid, as in "I'm afraid I can't make it"
lol.gif

Or show up really drunk, they won't invite you next year.

Or you are sick.

Next year, plan a vacation to somewhere tropical and get "stuck" there.

Sick is my last resort, but it's an excuse I've used many many times and they know it's BS by now.

Since this has become your annual tradition just don't go.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
People get over you being brutally honest far quicker than you lying to them....At least that been my experience.

Yep. As well they should.

Why do you not want to go?

The reality is you have no "good" excuse.
grin.gif
C'mon, just go as most of us will do.

Not going would be selfish. I'll bet you leave thinking, "I'm glad I went."

I'm in the "Grow a set and put your big boy pants on over 'em and go" camp.
I'm with Gebo above but I fully understand the OP's position (we all do).

But, if you do lie.......One year I said the traffic across Staten Island (Brooklyn to Jersey) was so horrid I frazzed and had to abandon any hope of traveling anywhere.
It worked well.

If people actually existed in a community where conversation brought about focus on problems or tasks, it would be good.
I'd bet you dollars to drumsticks the OP's gathering is full of empty banalities, stature posturing and family uptightness.

At least "grow a set and PICK A PLAN OF ACTION THEN STICK WITH IT".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back