Opinions on Cooper Discoverer SRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at buying a set for the Edge over the Michelin latitude tour hp, almost half the cost. I've heard noise can be an issue with the SRX. Has anyone run this tires? Opinions in winter weather (of course they won't beat a dedicated snow tire I'm sure).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Run them on our Rav4. Seems quiet to us. Does as expected in snow with usage of common sense.

My wife has them on a Mazda CX-5. She has never complained about noise and has had no problem in the Pennsylvania winters. They tread is holding up well too

Wife had them on her Santa Fe. I thought they did well ride and noise wise. Seemed to be wearing well but we only had them for about 20k before trading it in.

I was happy with my Cooper AT3 purchase, for the price I paid. At 45k miles the inner liners started separating, though. Had 6/32" left. Discount Tire did me right with a pro rata but still.

The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is a few dollars more but has much longer tread life (85K vs 55K) according to CR. Are you planning to keep the Edge for awhile? If so you might consider the Michelin.

Originally Posted by NO2
The Michelin Defender LTX M/S is a few dollars more but has much longer tread life (85K vs 55K) according to CR. Are you planning to keep the Edge for awhile? If so you might consider the Michelin.

$109 vs $204 per tire so the SRX is substantially cheaper. The SRX also has a 70k warranty. Normally I'd just buy the Michelin but this is a $400 savings.

Originally Posted by NO2

Almost $100.00 a tire than what the OP is considering.

This where Michelin lovers lose all credibility................

Last edited:
I've been running the Discoverer SRX on my 2014 Highlander for the last few years (40,000 miles) and they are still very quiet. Better than I expected in the Winter, too. I used to run dedicated snow tires and knew that an AS tire would not be as good but was pleasantly surprised by the Winter performance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by volk06
Thank you to every one who has provided feedback.

What did you end up getting?

We are getting the cooper SRX, Michelins were $209/tire vs $109/tire. Couldn't justify the $100/tire price increase to get the Michelins. Essentially buy 4 coopers or 2 michelins for the same price.

Good choice. The Latitude tours are almost the worst OE tire I've ever had. They definitely rank in the bottom 5. I wouldn't pay $50 for them. I had them as OE on 3 different vehicles. They were all horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back