Havoline ProDS vs QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran both QSUD and Havoline in the last year. No difference the TBN came back slightly better on the QSUD. Other than that well I'll use both of them again depending on what's on sale.

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Originally Posted by LotI
QSUD for lower NOACK

Originally Posted by walterjay
QSUD for the moly.

As much as I like Chevron, I'd have to go with QSUD as well.
My Chevy truck and SUV like QSUD and are ultra-quiet with it in the sump.

+1 QSUD In 5w20 is awesome...on paper and in an engine.

For me it's not even a consideration between the two choices the OP is looking at.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
I do it just to annoy you.

Nah, I think there is another reason.

I see this as unnecessary harassment.

Welcome to my ignore list.

I use both, the Fusion gets Havoline bag in a box because the sump is 5.8 qts, and 6qt packaging works great. The f150 gets two jugs of QSUD because its good oil at a great price.

Originally Posted by kschachn
I do it just to annoy you.

Nah, I think there is another reason.

I see this as unnecessary harassment.

Welcome to my ignore list.

There may be "another reason". But I too have never run a Chevron product I liked the performance of - including Havoline DS.

It's a totally worthless opinion for others - but I'm sticking to it.:)

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I use both, the Fusion gets Havoline bag in a box because the sump is 5.8 qts, and 6qt packaging works great. The f150 gets two jugs of QSUD because its good oil at a great price.

In the absence of any 'proof' of one being any higher quality than the other.....this seems like the most reasonable approach.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

There may be "another reason". But I too have never run a Chevron product I liked the performance of - including Havoline DS.

Being a leader in the oil industry you have used plenty of Chevron products and you likely were very happy with the product. You just didn't realize it was made by Chevron.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

Being a leader in the oil industry you have used plenty of Chevron products and you likely were very happy with the product. You just didn't realize it was made by Chevron.

There may be a "leader" but I was nonplussed with their finished products that I've tried a few times. Base oil supply is not a finished package. I am not currently aware which finished oils use Oronite DP, so I have no comment there.
The current motor oil is a different spec now from when I've tried in the past, so I have no recent experience to complain about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back