Havoline ProDS vs QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're priced the same per qt? The Havoline should be in a 6qt box vs the 5qt for QSUD. Unless there's been a recent price drop on the QS.

I'll go with the ProDS for two reasons:

1. I prefer the value and convenience of the 6-quart smart change box and the recycling opportunities it provides.

2. I dislike the color green that Quakerstate uses on their bottles. I find it garish and unpleasant.

Otherwise they are both high quality synthetic motor oils from well known and established companies, and I believe the meet the same or similar enough specs. Your engine won't know the difference and that leaves completely trivial points like which brand/logo/color you prefer.

Originally Posted by ad244
QSUD all the way

Havoline all the way. For the same reasons.

Last edited:
Have QSUD 5-30 in all our vehicles. It's the lowest cost oil I've tried that keeps the KIA TGDI motor quiet.

Cant go wrong with either.

Throw Supertech in the mix.
smile.gif

have you looket at Autozone. Rotells gas truck (works in cars too) for $2/qt on clearance. There is a rebate for $2/qt as well so the oil would be free after rebate.

With price and product being equal, I would get both and see which works better for your application. If there's no difference, you have two go to oils.

QSUD all the way.

Havoline made my engine make too much noise so I drained it and put in QSAD 5w20 and it's much quieter now.

I will never run Havoline again.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
QSUD all the way.

Havoline made my engine make too much noise so I drained it and put in QSAD 5w20 and it's much quieter now.

Do you have this on cut-and-paste? You sure post it a lot.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
QSUD all the way.

Maybe it's his sign on macro?? Alexa troll BITOG. lol

Originally Posted by Slick17601
QSUD has much better cold specs.

The OP lives in Mississippi, that's hardly a factor in choosing one of these over the other ...„

I'd choose Havoline, never did me wrong when I used it years ago, in the frigid state of South Dakota during the winter or summer.

Originally Posted by LotI
QSUD for lower NOACK

Originally Posted by walterjay
QSUD for the moly.

As much as I like Chevron, I'd have to go with QSUD as well.
My Chevy truck and SUV like QSUD and are ultra-quiet with it in the sump.

QSUD all the way.

Originally Posted by kschachn

I do it just to annoy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back