Tells us your tips for the perfect Thanksgiving turkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a 2 step smoking process. Hour and a half on the offset smoker, then the rest of the time in the electric water smoker. Mine are always juicy, everyone who has some, says its the best turkey they have ever had.
I prefer to use cherry wood for my own. But at work they go nuts for the hickory smoked bird. So i do as the Kinks say.

Last edited:
I let someone who knows what they're doing cook it.
thumbsup2.gif

I bring the pie and drinks.

I have deep fried probably 30 to 40 turkeys over the past 20 years. It always comes out awesome.

Last year I picked up Char-broil Turkey Air Fryer. You can cook up to a 16lbs bird.

100 bucks. Propane fed. Was the best turkey I have ever had. I inject with butter and garlic.

[Linked Image]

The deep fried turkey my brother in law did last year was the first deep fried one I had ever tasted and I cant see it getting any better than that.

Last year I think I coated the outside and inside with butter and seasonings, and cooked it in a covered roasting pan. For the last 30-60 minutes (can't remember now) I bumped up the oven temp and took the cover off the pan so the skin could get nice and crispy without the meat drying out. Came out really nice.

1 cup white wine
1 Tablespoon Mrs Dash Original seasoning
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes or 1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups No Sodium Chicken Broth
Small turkey breast

Cook in 325-350 oven to 160º F

If it's small enough, you can fix your turkey breast in a 7 or 8 quart Crock Pot...
Free up the oven for other things....

For those who have lots of company, and don't want to cook breakfast...

Slow Cooker Breakfast...

A half bag frozen hash browns, or a box Hungry Jack Dehydrated hash browns, rehydrated
1 cup shredded cheese
3/4 cup milk
6 eggs
1 pound cooked sausage, (in small pieces)
A half bag 3 pepper and onion blend, frozen

Grease Slow cooker

Add hash browns
Add cooked sausage
Add cheese
Chop peppers and onions in 1/4 inch chunks, add
Mix eggs and milk together, add to slow cooker.

Do not stir!

Cook on low 2-5 hours, until 160 degrees....

Last edited:
Dessert...
Brunch Cake

1 yellow cake mix
8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
8 ounces (1 cup) plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 small instant vanilla pudding
3 Tablespoons Makers Mark or single malt Whiskey
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Topping
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix ingredients in order, pour half into 13" by 9" pan, put three fourths of topping on, then rest of mix, rest of topping. Swirl with knife.

Bake 325 degrees for 55 minutes, until knife or toothpick comes out clean.

Brine for a full day. Then on the grill rotisserie with plenty of hickory chips in the smoker box. Spin until golden brown and the thigh temp reads 175. Do not overcook!

Perfect tips for the perfect Thanksgiving turkey is to not have a Turkey. LOL. I'm not the biggest fan of Turkey. Fried is good. If you do I'd suggest breaking it up into pieces rather then cook the entire turkey.
smile.gif

We're skipping it this year and doing Severino's.

https://severinopasta.com/
20.gif

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. Post pics of these Turkeys!
cheers3.gif

We do a deep fried, buffalo injected turkey every year in August up in Maine, for our Moose Pond Thanksgiving. Always the best out of the fryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back