Any Hellcat owner here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This been stuck on my mind for few years now . I want get a hellcat . I'm thinking let my z06 go and keep the cobra . Make room for the hellcat .

I'm thinking 2016-17 model. Anything I need to know before getting one of these ? $40k-$50k budget .

There is nothing better sounding in the world than a very angry American v8 with a big ol' supercharger singing it's song strapped to the top of it.
grin.gif

My buddy has a '17 Hellcat, he took it to a shop in Indy and had the whole engine torn down and rebuilt with top-line parts and the 4.2L Kenne Bell supercharger. It made 1223 RWHP and he wants to add a Snow methanol kit for some extra juice; he plans on taking it to the Texas Mile since he's from there, and being a 6-speed, it's not like he's going to be able to drag race it well without probably breaking stuff. He got all the driveline goodies, triple plate clutch, upgraded shafts, carbon fiber driveshaft, built rear end, etc... but it's a full-weight car otherwise. I'd guess he probably dropped enough to have bought a second stock Hellcat for what he put into this one. Needless to say, he loves it.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Thought this was gonna be about an F6F Grumman fighter plane,,,lol

A M18 Hellcat might fit better in his garage lol

Replacing a Z06 with a Hellcat...big step down...and why keep the Cobra over the Z06? Makes no sense...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
There is nothing better sounding in the world than a very angry American v8 with a big ol' supercharger singing it's song strapped to the top of it.
grin.gif

01.gif

Originally Posted by grampi
Replacing a Z06 with a Hellcat...big step down...and why keep the Cobra over the Z06? Makes no sense...

A step down? In which way? The Hellcat looks better, sounds better, rides better, with more power and a nicer interior.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

A step down? In which way? The Hellcat looks better, sounds better, rides better, with more power and a nicer interior.

Is it a C6z06 or a C7z06? Looks being subjective, the Hellcat and a C7z are pretty similar in 1/4 times but the vettes turn a lot better than that boat.

The Hellcat looks better than a Vette? That's laughable. Sounds better, that's debatable. Rides better? If I wanted a nice ride, I wouldn't be looking at a Hellcat. Nicer interior, again subjective...about the only thing the Hellcat does better is accelerate, and that's only if the Z06 is not a C7...

Originally Posted by Pew

Is it a C6z06 or a C7z06? Looks being subjective, the Hellcat and a C7z are pretty similar in 1/4 times but the vettes turn a lot better than that boat.

People who buy Hellcats apparently don't care about going around corners...

I don't think arguing Z06 vs Hellcat has any point here. Two very different beasts with different purposes. Both fun as [censored] though, can't go wrong either way!

Originally Posted by Skippy722
grin.gif

My boss has a 17 or 18 and it does sound really nice even just sitting there idling but then again with todays 4/6 cylinder engines any V8 sounds good to me.

My buddy has one that I've driven a few times. Lots of power that will put a smile on your face.

His two biggest complaints: FCA build quality and the depreciation that goes along with being a FCA product. Since your buying used, that's definitely in your favor.

I have been driving and servicing a friend's SRT8 a little bit now. They are compelling and are running around my mind now. Not identical to the Hellcat, but close. For domestic, I'm a chevy guy at heart. But I'd take this over the Chevy offerings now.

I say go for it.

People have some valid criticism of the TR6060 in this application. I think by '16 they are largely mitigated. but consider that.

Originally Posted by Pew

I beg to differ, some people know how to drive.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny

I beg to differ, some people know how to drive.

Yep. While they're not the epitome of handling, they certainly don't handle like the giant unwieldy boats some of these guys think they are.

Originally Posted by HemiBenny

I beg to differ, some people know how to drive. [/quote]

Put it on a track with a Z06 and see what happens...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back