VOA on Schaeffer's 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the VOA of Schaeffer's 0w40. I was asking if anyone had it yesterday because I hate Navy's printouts.

IMG_20191126_085658592_HDR.jpg

Like the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w40 (same as Mopar 0w40), it has a lot of moly. Not bad.
Also, from the safety data sheet on it, Schaeffers 0w40 is mostly PAO base oil, good too.
Calcium looks low enough to avoid LSPI in DI or DI-turbo engines.
ZDDP concentration is comparable to most MB 229.5 0w40 euro oils.

I'd recommend this (or PUP 0w40 too) for old muscle cars, Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, trucks that tow;, and would be great for turbo Subaru's as well.
Of course SRT Chrysler engines too!

PUP-Mopar 0w40 is not PAO like this one, yet Shell may have access to better anti-ox chemicals etc. to easily compensate, and they do use Group3+ anyway.
Formulators can choose PAO as a solid foundation, yet its not necessary if you have an army of PhD's and volume of patents in big lab buildings (Infineum, etc.) creating weird additives to compensate for using just Group3+.

Anybody suffering from fuel dilution where their engine called for a 0w20 or 5w30 etc. originally, can benefit from the extra visc.

Too bad they still have that ridiculous pyramid sales scheme and you can't just walk into a parts house and buy it... I'd try some Schaeffers if it weren't for that stupid, antiquated mentality of theirs...

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Too bad they still have that ridiculous pyramid sales scheme and you can't just walk into a parts house and buy it... I'd try some Schaeffers if it weren't for that stupid, antiquated mentality of theirs...

The local Ace hardware store near me actually sales Schaeffer's oil. Was pretty surprised.

Funny, I just walk right inside my local Napa store and it's sitting right on the shelf. I buy it there all the time.

Thanks for that Dragon44! Looks like a very good oil as expected.

I believe you are confusing Schaeffer with Amsoil.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Thanks for that Dragon44! Looks like a very good oil as expected.

I believe you are confusing Schaeffer with Amsoil.

I believe that as well.

It's nice you added your analysis about LPSI being a tad thicker grade with a 1100-1200 PPM of ZDDP and a decent slug of molybdenum there are several mitigating factors. What is the relationship of baseoil and LPSI since this appears to be an uncommon blend for a finished motor oil?

Originally Posted by dave1251
I believe for much of the country buying through a Schaeffer's rep is the most viable option so he is right.

Schaeffer's is NOT a pyramid/MLM organization. Sales Reps work directly for the company, and get paid for their sales with no other person getting paid for that sale.

Contrast Amsoil's method where as a dealer you get paid for sales, but so does everyone above you in the chain.

Quite different.

Wait, is there Cerium in the oil?

Huh. Is that like a trace thing that's present in all oils or did they add it?

Also, I wonder if they still put antimony in the oil. I know they used to, at least.

Also you can get Schaffers through Amazon and the prices are actually not bad if you're willing to order in sufficient quantity (5 gallon or more)

Last edited:
Also you can get Schaffers through Amazon and the prices are actually not bad if you're willing to order in sufficient quantity (5 gallon or more)

Schaeffer oils can also be purchased through Amazon-most if their oils, additives, and gear/transmission fluids are under the INDUSTRIAL/SCIENTIFIC section in Amazon as opposed to the automotive section. Much more wide variety of options under the Industrial/Scientific section on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back